Royal gramma

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any new fish can hide away until it becomes comfortable in their new environment, I wouldn't sweat it unless it is being bullied by another fish. Keep an eye out for aggression and should begin to see it come out more and more as time passes

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had mine for about 3 years, it mostly stays hidden behind the rocks, its rare that I see it.

But you can't judge a fish in only the first or second day, give him a week to get settled in.

Smithrz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do Royal Grammas usually hide away, just bought one yesterday and have only seen him about 3 times
Every new fish I’ve bought takes 1-2 weeks to feel safe and swim around. My Gramma is always out and about, even comes up to see me when I peer through the glass.

I think every fish is different, and you can’t really make a guarantee on a species. My first gramma (died to white spot) was more skittish than my new one, for example.

OP
OP
Jamers442

Jamers442

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any new fish can hide away until it becomes comfortable in their new environment, I wouldn't sweat it unless it is being bullied by another fish. Keep an eye out for aggression and should begin to see it come out more and more as time passes
Thanks tbf hes been out alot more today

smoothie7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a royal gramma and a mocha storm clownfish at the same time. I introduced them with the tank lights off for the evening. He instantly hid under a rock and I didn't see him until the next day. He poked his head out a few times but was real skiddish. As soon as I put some food in, he came out and has been out ever since.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back