RR Avengers Acro

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump for any updates? This piece seems to be a unicorn. I got me a piece of unicorn, but its too early to tell if unicorns exist. Someone give me some hope!:D

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The RR Avengers is indeed a unicorn. If anyone still has it, they will probably not admit it.

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only seen one at CA Reef company up in Hayward California, i did everything to try to buy it but he wouldn't let it go....lol

Pirates.Reef

High End Coral Collector / Vendor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If im not mistaken bio reef llc has it im pretty sure they had a frag at rap orlando and sexy corals might have it too

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine on the for sale forums on this sight. Other stuff I got in the order is definitely legit. This acro is so mysterious its hard to even question the legitimacy, LOL!

Touring

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's 2 types out there. One is the RR USA Piece and the other is the Canada version. I have the RR USA version and bio reef does have the Canada version. talk to max he might still have it. I was at RAP with him and he had 1 or 2 pieces but that was weeks ago.

There is another member on here who has some other members on here with pieces. There both awesome pieces.

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine supposedly came through sexy corals. Is that the USA version I imagine?

It's starting to show some of the typical colors but it's pale as heck now, not worth showing. Base is faded green tips turning blue. The polyps on the base are a reddish brownish color and white polyps on the tips. We'll see how it plays out...

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is more blue/purple with just the base green. It's in medium light so maybe that is why.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine supposedly came through sexy corals. Is that the USA version I imagine?

It's starting to show some of the typical colors but it's pale as heck now, not worth showing. Base is faded green tips turning blue. The polyps on the base are a reddish brownish color and white polyps on the tips. We'll see how it plays out...

This is how I understand it... The original colony was split and half of it was sent to RR USA from RR Canada, both colonies were sold and/or died shortly after. If there is a second version it could be a knockoff colony that was thought to look like the original by RR Asia or one of the re-sellers of RR Asia stuff. Either way I don't think anyone has been able to grow out a colony that is anything special and looks like the original. It seems to be one of those corals that was simply a colored up wild colony that doesn't adapt well to captivity.

Bugger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People still talking about this. I was at reef raft when Jay had this piece. It's way over rated coral. I think he lost the colony but I will ask him on facebook. I had a frag but I gave it back to him cause I had to movved

Touring

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that yours in your avatar touring?
Yes,that's the usa version. The growth structure on the 2 are different but both beautiful. It's one of those things that they need there own names.

Something upset it and the color is finally coming back slowly. If you want I can send you pics just pm me with your number.

BIGSHOW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not saying the Canada version doesn't exist anymore as I know a lot of frags were sold before I bought the colony, but everyone I know that had bought the Canada frag has had it die on them. I am sure there are a few around, but I would say 90% from the true original RR Asia photoed colony are DEAD. Thats what happens with wild acropora, sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

sweetride

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have the one I got from Jay RR Canada years ago, the color have been amazing however it hasnt grown.... well a little bit bigger than the 1/2" frag I got back then but i can not call it a mini colony.... maybe a medium size frag now..... this is the one from the original avenger.....

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back