OP
OP
R&J Reefs

R&J Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ryan, I was gonna get another Elite Aquatics sump, but after seeing that the 44 does fit the stand I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go Synergy now. Quick question though, if I were to get it configured for right to left flow would hard plumbing still be possible??? From the pics you show it certainly appears that it would but I just wanted to hear it from you. Thanks for your time and MORE PICS/UPDATES :)
Yes you can hard plumb it that way . The main reason I went Left to right was I wanted the bulk of my electrical to stay as close to the right so I would have to run it behind the majority of the sump .

amnesiac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhhh ok, gotcha. I'm moving up the build time from summer to late Feb/early Mar. Synergy is right around 4-5 weeks on the 44 so if I can put an order in now it'll be here when I get the tank. SUPER excited :D Anyway, thanks for the quick response. Can't wait to see more :)

OP
OP
R&J Reefs

R&J Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got my zen reef goodies in ! Pod condo and reactor stand came out sweet ! The custom ato/dose reservoir should be here in a day or 2 ! Pictures to come soon . The original dose/ ato reservoir they built was damaged at there shop so they had to build another . It’s besn a long wait ! But they sent some goodies with my order for free ! Time to get this build back on track...

3676B329-B1F0-4CBF-917E-72CDC354C2AD.jpeg

597A0647-C610-4AA6-A8F6-C2D1473DF8C5.jpeg

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! What are you plans for it? I'm guessing the large section will be for RO/DI top off water?

OP
OP
R&J Reefs

R&J Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the large section witch is about 15 gallons is the rodi top off . The other 2 sections will be for possible dosing in the future.

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suhweet!!!

Love the optimization of space under there. Seeing the reservoir setup has me thinking about doing something similar but utilizing it as a refugium.

amnesiac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ryan this is looking soooooooooooooooooooooo dope!!! Now that the plumbing is all done, how much longer before it gets wet???

OP
OP
R&J Reefs

R&J Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ryan this is looking soooooooooooooooooooooo dope!!! Now that the plumbing is all done, how much longer before it gets wet???
I actually have to glue everything still so busy with work and kids . Now that baseball season started up its even worse . I have to get under the house still and support it . I’m trying to get it wet in 1-2 months, hopefully sooner !

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have to glue everything still so busy with work and kids . Now that baseball season started up its even worse . I have to get under the house still and support it . I’m trying to get it wet in 1-2 months, hopefully sooner !

You have a ton of patience! But, better safe than sorry.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great! Definitely a nice setup!

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the idea on how to use standard pvc. I have mine installed now. I did have to make the pipe in the overflow permanent as I didn't want to reduce the 1 inch drain pipe. I left enough pipe so I can cut and use a coupling if I ever need to.

20180114_222250.jpg

20180113_182534.jpg

Quick question. Did you guys use different size PVC for the main drain and emergency drain and return? (1 and 3/4 inches)? Otherwise I can’t follow how you did all three pipes. The video looks like one size.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question. Did you guys use different size PVC for the main drain and emergency drain and return? (1 and 3/4 inches)? Otherwise I can’t follow how you did all three pipes. The video looks like one size.

They are all 1 inch. The return line on the far left doesn't convert to 3/4 until it enters inside the overflow box with the red sea factory plumbing.

joker88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing setup!!!!! I am so glad you did this build. I am looking to buy the 750 as well but didn't like the sump. Now that I know that fits I have a lot of options. Thanks for sharing and all the info!!! Any new updates?

OP
OP
R&J Reefs

R&J Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you plan on running in the reactors? Btw, this build is fantastic looking.
Probably Carbon , bio pellets and
What do you plan on running in the reactors? Btw, this build is fantastic looking.
carbon bio pellets gfo . Thanks the build has been on the back burner for awhile now . Just starting it up again !

OP
OP
R&J Reefs

R&J Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing setup!!!!! I am so glad you did this build. I am looking to buy the 750 as well but didn't like the sump. Now that I know that fits I have a lot of options. Thanks for sharing and all the info!!! Any new updates?
Been on the back burner . Just starting up again .

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back