Sad news....

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike and I are saddened by this news, but are glad he is no longer in pain. He was a published author and lecturer on many topics in the aquarium industry - a true pioneer whose books had quite an impact on us as we began our journey from fish only to reefkeeping. Albert was always kind to me and I feel fortunate to have known him.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My condolences to the family.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very sad news even though I knew he was sick for quite some time it's one of those things that you just hope that somebody gets through. He is also part of the reason I started reefkeeping in 1994. Rest in peace Albert and my condolences to the family and friends

Slickwill613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man what a bummer. Such a great guy, I met him a few times a few years ago at Pure Reef in Alpharetta GA, mine and I guess his go to LFS at the time. Always super friendly and would talk and share knowledge with anyone that asked. Condolences to his family.

bfliflet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Bummer! He got me my first job at a fish store. I aced my interview because I was enthralled by his books in the late 80s. Some people find success in being remembered after you're gone. In that sense and others, he was extremely successful. He will be missed.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the pleasure to meet Albert at MACNA 3 in New Jersey he helped bank roll that MACNA. Albert played a big part in helping bring techniques that where being developed in Germany and Holland to Advanced hobbyist in the States. Albert was bilingual and was in constant contact with hobbyist around the world. His books are bedstone reading for the basics of all Reef keeping. His shoulders are what most hobbyist today are standing on so they can reach the levels of reef keeping we are at today. Everyone owes a debit to Albert for his writing and help he did thru out these years. Today so few hobbyist read Aquarium books that it is hard to get a new book published. Albert self published his last book because of that. Thank you Albert for all your efforts to educate hobbyist to better care for the animals we love.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back