Sad sad day for me....

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve lost shrooms like that and found them months or yrs later somewhere or some crevice et where they shouldn’t grow...I’m always amazed how little light those things can survive on

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll turn up.

I lost a piece of pink devils hand. Found it after two months. It's growing on the back side of a rock and almost 3 times the size it was. :)

Reeferguy365

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks! I feel your pain 2 weeks ago my lights fell into my tank and smashed my homewrecker into pieces:( this hobby can be upsetting sometimes. Just remember you can always replace it maybe not now but eventually.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
it'll pop up. . . Just keep looking.

doughboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is a really pricey coral, I would tear the tank apart. People tear tanks down all the time for various reasons like to move, catch a fish, find a missing coral ...

mygsris2slo4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't remove the frag plug either. I had an ultra red mushroom detach and I moved it to my frag tank to reattach to some rubble. I did not remove the frag plug from the DT and now a few months later there are two very small babies growing on the plug. Hopefully the same will happen for you!

View Badges
This also happened to me about 4 months ago. Grew it from the size of a pencil eraser to the size of a half dollar. Then boom gone one day! I have yet to see it. No more shrooms for me. Hope the best for you!

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update.. still nothing not in my sump, I have an AIO tank so highly higly doubt itll go in the sump.

I moved my small Sunkist and baby interstellers into a make shift shroom box. At this point im not super worried Ijust hope it turns up in the coming months. Im just happy its not under the main rock structure.

Lesson learned. Any high value mushrooms are going in a shroombox....

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back