Sad sad day for me....

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zeal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I’ve lost shrooms like that and found them months or yrs later somewhere or some crevice et where they shouldn’t grow...I’m always amazed how little light those things can survive on
 
It'll turn up.

I lost a piece of pink devils hand. Found it after two months. It's growing on the back side of a rock and almost 3 times the size it was. :)
 
That sucks! I feel your pain 2 weeks ago my lights fell into my tank and smashed my homewrecker into pieces:( this hobby can be upsetting sometimes. Just remember you can always replace it maybe not now but eventually.
 
it'll pop up. . . Just keep looking.
 
If it is a really pricey coral, I would tear the tank apart. People tear tanks down all the time for various reasons like to move, catch a fish, find a missing coral ...
 
Don't remove the frag plug either. I had an ultra red mushroom detach and I moved it to my frag tank to reattach to some rubble. I did not remove the frag plug from the DT and now a few months later there are two very small babies growing on the plug. Hopefully the same will happen for you!
 
This also happened to me about 4 months ago. Grew it from the size of a pencil eraser to the size of a half dollar. Then boom gone one day! I have yet to see it. No more shrooms for me. Hope the best for you!
 
Update.. still nothing not in my sump, I have an AIO tank so highly higly doubt itll go in the sump.

I moved my small Sunkist and baby interstellers into a make shift shroom box. At this point im not super worried Ijust hope it turns up in the coming months. Im just happy its not under the main rock structure.

Lesson learned. Any high value mushrooms are going in a shroombox....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new