Safe ATO reservoir

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a simple and easy one - perhaps not novel.

Running a Cade 180 dream tank and even with its built-in ATO float valve I have had a couple of issues with it over its first year. Travel a little and have little in home support, so not wanting to get caught with my pants down, (belts and suspenders with SanziBelt slacks) added a Ozmolator to it. Question was how to make back up fool proof.

RODI and storage is behind the wall, (furnace room/fish room) with a 50GAL Brute in the dedicated fish room, 5 feet further way, and too far from the 180 for the tunze to push.

So, bought/acquired - amazon float cut-off, 5 gal plastic jug form a poultry supply house - note the neat additional port, splitter and tubing, and 4 year-old darlying niece.

Drilled a hole for the float at just the right height, had aforementioned niece with smal enough hand position the float on the inside, lining the thread with the hole. Added an overflow to the handy dandy extra port, leading to the drain. Will eventually cut holes in the screw on lid for the Tunze pump supply
C216F0AC-9DAB-4A88-80DF-E003C37AF7C1.jpeg
BACD42F2-0DF6-4106-8E9F-D4F73E1AE8C0.jpeg
and water line.

Pressure tested the overflow by holding down ball and worked as hoped.

After 1 month of running, seems to be fine apart from waiting for the newly announced Tunze ATO, i think I am set.

Again, sometimes the simple one are most pleasing

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 16.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 160 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back