OP
OP
jackalexander

jackalexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jack don't feel bad you did the best possible, inputting him without the qt attempt wouldn't have worked any better though it might have been a more delayed loss. this is the % loss we must deal with in the hobby to earn higher fish retention

you sure have done well reefing, I recall last year your cycling experiment and then these good attempts at fish disease control, well done staying up to date on best practices. there is no more advanced science for hobby marine fish disease control than what you're applying and collecting from the crowd source here, well done.
Thank you Brandon for all of the help over the last year, I appreciate it a lot. Is there anyway I could help myself prevent swim bladder disease in the future? It’s got to be the only disease I wasn’t prepared to combat...

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has not worked out for me at all.

After seeing how effective 150ppm H2O2 bath is, I think the bath is more important on day 1 than raising copper fast. Out of the bag (discard bag water), into the bath for 30 minutes, then into QT at 1ppm copper power. I raise copper 0.3-0.5ppm per day. For sensitive fish I am using chloroquine or hybrid TTM instead.

Just my two cents, which is about all it’s worth.
I have to disagree- I see way too many fish die during slow copper ramp ups during acute disease events. Time and time again the scenario goes like this: “I was slowly ramping up copper and the fish began breathing heavy, so I changed the water, but they all died

I’ve put thousands of fish into full strength coppersafe over the past 20 years with no issues. I haven’t seen a single case of copper toxicity since I stopped using copper/citric acid many years ago.

Jay

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jack so sorry I do not have experience personally with fish disease control whatsoever w defer to any reefers who have dealt w it

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back