SALE Video

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HP%20O0902%20Passion%20Chalice%204%20199_zpsrwatxkjq.jpg

HP%20O0915%20Multi%20Color%20Streaked%20Chalice%203%201992_zpsbv7uogro.jpg

hpo1024bigorangeeyemycediumchalice25159%201_zpsvaivkvsp.jpg

hpo1027darksecretschalice251992_zps4rib9ljw.jpg

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I see a pic of the yellow rimmed chalice under normal lighting?

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I see a pic of the yellow rimmed chalice under normal lighting?

Well, there is no such thing as "normal" lighting since everyone uses different types of lighting and different settings or bulbs. What is so-called normal for one person is not for another, there is no accepted standard know as normal. In this thread is a video and in it is the yellow rim chalice, plus we have a photo of it on our site.

Here's more info on how we take our photos:

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, there is no such thing as "normal" lighting since everyone uses different types of lighting and different settings or bulbs. What is so-called normal for one person is not for another, there is no accepted standard know as normal. In this thread is a video and in it is the yellow rim chalice, plus we have a photo of it on our site.

Here's more info on how we take our photos:

Good point, I'm looking for a pic with a little more blue and less yellow/red. In your video, when the camera shows the lights, it looks like it's showing very yellow/red lighting (or there's a gel filter which is more likely.)

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point, I'm looking for a pic with a little more blue and less yellow/red. In your video, when the camera shows the lights, it looks like it's showing very yellow/red lighting (or there's a gel filter which is more likely.)

As explained in the video on how we take our photos, our Ocean Revive fixtures over our tanks are always set to all blue for all LPS type corals in our facility. When taking photos we use a hand held Kessil set on full spectrum and the combination of those makes for a photo accurate to what most folks would see in their lighting. The sale video in this thread is shot under all same blue LED without the additional hand held fixture, however the white balance was set to the white interior of the tanks thus giving the corals fairly accurate color but anything outside the tanks appears very yellow because the white balance is set to neutral gray under the all blue LED. This method is not used to take pics for our site, (as explained above we use an additional full spectrum fixture not feasible to use for the video), because while it's fine for a quick video the use of just the blue LED is too dim for photos and results in a very grainy pic. Is that understandable or did I confuse things?

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The photos on our site are pretty accurate without being too blue or oversaturated. However, certain colors are difficult or impossible to get really accurate and the yellow in that chalice is one. In the photo on our site it looks more greenish to me, but in real life it's bright yellow.

camelcruiser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can say that I've ordered from pacific east several times and usually pretty substantial orders and the pictures have always been pretty close. If anything the pictures are less vibrant then the coral you actually get.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back