Salt Mix Recommendations

So I'm new to making saltwater, been using LFS water and they use Fritz salt.
Finally ordering an RODI system and going to be making my own saltwater and all.
I know it's ideal to use to same salt you've been using with your system, but Fritz salt is like 2-3x's more expensive than some of the other brands out there.

Is there an alternate a bit cheaper I can use for making my own?

I know there's a lot of differing opinions on the "best salt mix", but really I'm just looking to match actual sea water levels.
I use classic instant ocean for all my tanks, works great.
 
I just signed up for a subscription for
IO 50 gallon bags for $8.50. After 5 deliveries the price will be $7.50 per bag. That's $30 for 200 gallons!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new