Salt water tank

B200896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend has this tank and he doesn't want it anymore. He didn't know anything about salt water tanks to begin with but he said the store convinced him it was a great purchase. I know zilch about salt water life. Is this tank salvageable (and contents) salvageable?
20161201_183132.jpg

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd ran distilled vinegar and water on that tank for few days, some careful scrubbing then air dry and that will get cleaned up well.
I would not use the rocks/sand though.

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1
I would use the tank and lights, dispose of the sand/gravel, remove anything out the back compartments, and acid wash the rocks (or toss if want to get rolling sooner and start with new live rock or base rock. Take your time and do lots of homework. Not said to scare away, but more so, that you will like the results and be a happy owner of a new tank rather than feel defeated and give up. What course you plan to take in the future with it may require some upgrades. But a great start.

sneub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you plan on taking on a marine aquarium, patients is key and comb through reef2reef learning all you can. There are many articles and posts here that you can learn from. Bulk Reef Supply also has many informative videos.

ReefJake123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea and I suggest just to get rid of everything inside the tank including the sand water and algae so just do a really good job cleaning it and bleach the live rock and reuse it

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back