OP
saltedbytes

saltedbytes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, are we the same person? I had the same issue with my GW skimmer and am now finding the same issue with my CADE main drain. Do you have an update/resolution? With any water movement from the power heads it’s impossible to tune without either sucking in air, or gurgling water down the emergency. Plus the water level sits higher than the gauge window on the side of the weir….. what’s the point?

R.e. Customer service, yeah, that seems to be the go in Australia with all USA brands. Have had major issues with several and associated distributor. We don’t get customer service in Australia ;Hilarious
Hey - I'm in Brisbane too :)

What size CADE did you get?

Wiping a small amount of vegetable oil on the inside walls of the skimmer cup with a paper towel fixed all my problems. I do it each time I clean the skimmer now and haven't had any issues since.

As for the overflow noise - With time it has become quieter, but I believe my stand pipes are incorrect heights. I still can't go any higher than 50% with my M2 without the overflow making significant noise. Adam Dalton from CADE sent me a new set of stand pipes in case the heights are off, but I haven't had a chance to switch them over yet (Draining the weir is going to be a pain).

Yeah I'm not sure what the point of that gauge is - I thought it was a cool feature and would be super handy, but it's in the wrong spot. Would have liked the RO gauge to span a greater height too (not that it matters for me now that I've got it auto-filling)

OP
OP
saltedbytes

saltedbytes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long waited new bit of equipment arrived today!

69F87BE4-C615-4104-B335-B20E91AB27D9.jpeg

OP
OP
saltedbytes

saltedbytes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm part way through setting up the GHL Profilux 4, so I'll give some initial thoughts.

The good:
- I got the gloss white version and it looks great.
- Relatively easy to plug in and get up and running with the mobile app
- Lots of advanced settings which I still need to figure out what they all do!

The bad:
- Although the app was easy enough to set up, I had to retry a few of the actions 2 times before they worked.
- After the first set up, my controller disappeared from the app and had to be added back again. It's been ok since.
- Zip ties on the sensor cables :oops:
- The touch buttons on the front panel are terrible. I found a calibration option for them which has made them work a bit better, but they're still pretty bad. Luckily the only thing you need to do with them is the sensor calibration.
- Why can't you do the sensor calibration from the app?

OP
OP
saltedbytes

saltedbytes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the M2 pump working?

Starting to drive the household insane. The sound it makes is non-directional and seems to penetrate through walls. Easily heard from over 20m away from the tank :mad:

I'm going to replace it before the end of the year, not sure what with yet.

melfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey - I'm in Brisbane too :)

What size CADE did you get?

Wiping a small amount of vegetable oil on the inside walls of the skimmer cup with a paper towel fixed all my problems. I do it each time I clean the skimmer now and haven't had any issues since.

As for the overflow noise - With time it has become quieter, but I believe my stand pipes are incorrect heights. I still can't go any higher than 50% with my M2 without the overflow making significant noise. Adam Dalton from CADE sent me a new set of stand pipes in case the heights are off, but I haven't had a chance to switch them over yet (Draining the weir is going to be a pain).

Yeah I'm not sure what the point of that gauge is - I thought it was a cool feature and would be super handy, but it's in the wrong spot. Would have liked the RO gauge to span a greater height too (not that it matters for me now that I've got it auto-filling)

Small world on such a big forum! I got the 1800 :)

Can confirm the weir draining is painful and a little messy- I emptied mine out to straighten up my emergency. Must have mis-threaded or something and it was crooked

Agree on both counts for the side gauges! I haven’t got mine auto-filling but I did invest in an RO output line that reaches from the laundry to the tank. Filling it up with buckets and jugs sucked!

I‘ve had to turn my 2x MP40’s down to 30% reefcrest to keep the overflow stable. And my L2 still puts out a significant humming noise. The most annoying part is that the pitch isn’t consistent- seems to constantly waver even though the pump is set to constant speed. Wishing I went with Sicce now

Hope your build is coming along otherwise! Love the corals and would love to see full tank shot!

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a 1500 and hearing the issues with overflows and the eco tech pumps is perplexing to me. I’ve got an L2 that I run at 100% and two Mp40’s I run hard enough that I get a little wave action on the surface and my system is dead quiet and a breeze to tune. I added a check valve and ball valve to my pump overflow to eliminate back siphoning and the ability to remove the pump easily by just turning off the gate valve. I used the flexible pipe from Cade and just put a loop in it to connect to the taller pump connection due to the check and gate valve. Runs dead silent.
May look goofy but works great. Also the L2 gives me enough flow to plumb my UV inlet from the manifold without sacrificing flow to the main return.
30E6D8D4-A81E-43ED-A7C2-B3E0F08C1063.jpeg

OP
OP
saltedbytes

saltedbytes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since my last update.

On the pump front - I added a chiller off the manifold and turned the M2 up to 100%. It's actually quieter at 100%.... o_O

Another new addition is a continuous auto water change using 2 Ecotech Versa's... and one of them died after about 6 weeks of use so it's been sent back. Just not having any luck with Ecotech gear.

Also added a Clarisea SK-5000 - It's going great!

I've been fighting Dino's for a few months now, managing to get them almost under control to coming home in the afternoon one day and the whole tank is covered in them again. My Nitrate and Phosphate were reading 0 with Salifert tests so I started dosing them.

I used a whole bottle of Phosphate (dosing at the recommended amount per day), testing every 2 days with the Salifert kit and it kept reading 0. Then one day it read 0.25. At that point I didn't trust the test kit so I went and bought a Hanna kit, and it was off the charts. Using dilution I estimate the PO4 was about 1.8PPM.

I've slowly decreased the Phosphates and Nitrates over a period of a month. Nitrate currently 30PPM and Phosphate 0.05. Dino's worse than ever.

To try help combat them I installed a 54w UV last weekend.

Just not having a lot of luck lately. All my fish are fine, but most of my corals are melting one by one.

Back