SaltwaterandLime's epic adhd build thread....

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a used Noopsyche k7 v3 wifi light for the 20g anemone tank, going to use the two radion xr15 I already own on the 50g LPS tank and keep the AI primes over the softy tank.

Also managed to score a bunch of used Apex stuff which is awesome.

It might take me a year but eventually I'll have water in the tank!

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supposed to be picking up my live rock and sand from @LiverockRocks today.... instead we've been sitting on I-75 in traffic for the last two hours.

Screenshot_20231216_141012_Maps.jpg

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Culerpa is an underrated macro. Keep in in check and it won't take over the tank.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on the hunt for purple or teal reefing equipment. This tank sits at the end of my desk and as silly as it sounds, it's important to me that every thing looks cohesive. Chaos in my space makes my brain struggle to stay focused. I'm planning on a custom sump, and I know @nyos.aquatics has purple and @my_asf has pink. Can anyone suggest other brands I could look into?
for plumbing colors, easy change is shower curtain rod plastic covers. Jade=teal. covers 1" pipes, larger pipes turn opening to back. easy to take out if you don't like than painting pipes etc...

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20231218_181652.jpg

Used Noopsyche arrived, took s bit to figure out instructions but overall went well.

Makes for a cheap functional light for now, I think I will definitely be saving up for something quieter. The fan is very loud, even with the power turned way down. I don't think I would care except for the fact that it's sitting right between my bed and my office space.....

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing a lot of basic tank work this week... next week we are leaving for 8 days and this will be the longest the tanks have ever been left. My brother in law will be stopping by but still...

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Home from Christmas vacation and so much exciting happening!!!

Thanks to family we have a brand new Innovative Marine 150g EXT lagoon tank on its way to us. IM said it should ship within 72 hours!!! And tomorrow we are going to pick up my custom Advanced Acrylics sump for the 150! Like wait, what???

Omg I feel so overwhelmed because I still haven't even finished buying parts for the 50g in my office!!

I don't even know where in the house the 150 is going to go!!

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ian is trying to convince me that we don't REALLY need a couch, and we should keep all 6 tanks up and running.......

My goal is to only have three once everything is done and settled

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our vacation trip was absolutely perfect. The mountains were beautiful and the boys really enjoyed the cabin.

while we were in Georgia we drove over to Atlanta and visited the Georgia Aquarium. We even did the back stage tour while we were there. We could have stayed there the entire trip and been happy I think.

1000019421.jpg

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mentioned to Conner my plan to set up an AWC system, and route the drain through the wall to outside.

His response; "mom, that sounds like a very permanent thing, and you are not a very permanent person"

...... he's not wrong

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to think ahead about fish for the new tanks. My LFS is really good about hand picking things from their wholesaler and will keep an eye out if there is anything specific I have in mind and am willing to wait for.

Here's where I'm at so far;

50g LPS tank;
- Frank and Bucky (yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp pair)
- Stoli and Kahlua (pair of white ocellaris clownfish)

150g SPS tank
- Boris and Ivan (pair of ocellaris clownfish)
- Gurgle (royal gramma, bit of an a$$hole fish but I'm hoping she'll be less territorial once there is more space)
- Sam (tomini tang)
- Dory (blue hippo tang)
- Sylvester (melanarus wrasse)
- Tweety (yellow coris wrasse)

(I'm struggling with the wrasse...because I know I need to keep them with sand, but if I'm going to make the 150 an SPS tank I almost don't want sand.....

So then part of me is thinking about making the 50g the SPS tank....and the 150 be LPS... but that doesn't seem smart either...

OP
OP
SaltwaterandLime

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In true adhd fashion, I've already decided to change the planned location of the new tank. Which is a perfect time to do it since it's now already in the house

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back