OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a guy on here that makes overflows that look like the synergy but there acrylic and the outer box is up high he has all positive reviews I cant remeber his name bit I will be going with his overflow over the summer and will be selling this overflow. If I had 2 synergy overflows on this tank then maybe just maybe I could get it to be silent

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally added the mp40 drivers to the end of the cabinet put it off for over a year lol

20190304_142704.jpg

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been chasing a nitrate issue for along time with this tank and bought the arid reactor to help with it long story short it was not working it grew cheato super fast but the nitrates would not budge. Fast forward to today my sump the refugium section backed up and overflowed odd I thought well there is a filter floss between the baffles to trap cheato it's about 12 inches by 12 inches I pulled it out and it was clogged with uneaten food that is able slip past the filter sock with how the sump is designed. Cleaned it out and will check in a week nitrates should drop. Will defiantly be ordering a new sump this summer.

Octocat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man-- I love the attention to detail-- nice work! I'm a big fan of Lyretail Anthias. Have you had any troubles getting them to eat frozen foods or pellets? I think pairing them with a group Green Chromis would make for an impressive display.

Tank is in place and leveled will plumb it tomorrow

20180820_191152.jpg

I've always been told rimless tanks need to be fully supported across the bottom with some sort of foam pad between the stand the glass. It is supposedly due to the bottom panel being thinner on rimless tanks compared to the rimmed kind. From this picture, it looks like you are just using a 2x4 frame with a few supports in the middle. I actually have an SC Aquarium too, and I would like to forgo using a piece of wood on top of my stand if possible. But, I am curious if it's safe do so long term. I assumed the black foam they supplied was intended to be placed below the tank.

After owning the shadow overflow I would not do it again it's a very bad designed overflow it's very loud and flimsy its only silent on small tanks with low flow. If you search on the forums it's very common and a lot of complaints

My tank is also pre-drilled for the shadow overflow. Like you, I noticed a lot bad reviews for this product. Luckily, I stumbled onto a post where someone claimed Exotic Marine Systems can make their overflows to fit the hole pattern of the shadow box. After contacting ETS, I decided to go them. My tanks still empty, so I cannot provide much insight, but I will say flimsy is not a word I would use to describe it :D It does use a different weir design with a few large slots compared to the traditional setup. They claim this configuration offers better surface skimming, but there is the concern smaller fish could easily travel down into the overflow pipes.

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has a rim on it my buddies does not and he does not have a pad going on 4 years no issues. And yes I'm going with the ets overflow next I spoke to him over the summer his is a way better silent design. My anthias have always ate frozen then over time eat pellet I have a butterfly that I cant get switched over he only eats clam so I buy little necks and toss one in everyday. I want blue star leapord next

Octocat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has a rim on it my buddies does not and he does not have a pad going on 4 years no issues. And yes I'm going with the ets overflow next I spoke to him over the summer his is a way better silent design. My anthias have always ate frozen then over time eat pellet I have a butterfly that I cant get switched over he only eats clam so I buy little necks and toss one in everyday. I want blue star leapord next
Thanks for the insight! I have not heard of this blue star leopard until now, but I took a look at some pictures online and what a great looking fish. Nice choice!!!

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cheato reactor has been rocking and rolling have to just about empty it weekly now. I have switched over to full aquaforest products not sure I like it yet I will say I have to constantly clean my glass not like before it took a week to get a haze now its every other day

20190408_195617.jpg

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been cleaning my glass almost daily lately since the switch to aqua forest A B C its getting very annoying. today i went to refill my dos and there was biofilm all over the container that component A is in. i think there is either a food source or bacteria in component A that is making my tank dirty. i switched back to BRS 3 part and will report back in a month with my findings. also had a torch come down with brown jelly it has taken out all but one torch all hammers are fine very odd hoping the remaining corals remain alive

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back