OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have been having very low ph problems 7 to 7.3 at night and reaching about 7.6-7.8 during the day I ran a temporary line from my skimmer to outside air what a different that made my ph is about 7.9 at night and 8.3 during the day I have a zoa colony that has been closed for months that just started to open back up I just cant believe what a difference it has made in such a short time. will be setting up a permanent pipe threw the wall tonight

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well update on the reactor I put a hand full in and its not growing so cut light cycle down to 6 hours because it started to turn white. will buy a lot of cheateo and fill it half way and see if it will grow im not pulling the plug on it yet. over all the air line ran to skimmer from outdoors has raised my ph and everything is looking pretty good

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay the original cheato died I think I added way to little and had way to much light I have pretty much packed it now and have the light cycle on for only 4 hours its a very very bright light so will report back with updates

OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a harlequin shrimp. 2 peppermint shrimp to deal with my asterina star fish and aptasia infestation. And also a large copperband hoping he comes along and starts eating. I really want to have long term success with the copperband

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After owning the shadow overflow I would not do it again it's a very bad designed overflow it's very loud and flimsy its only silent on small tanks with low flow. If you search on the forums it's very common and a lot of complaints
I'm kinda glad I ended up going with the standard overflow instead of the synergy. I've read so many negative reviews. I haven't set mine up yet due to house renovations but plan to use the overflow to mount coral so it should work out fine. I only plan on having 2 islands, one on each side of the tank so the overflow shouldn't be a problem.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back