• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Salty underground

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Justjim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered five of their 1/2” Berghia nudibranches and none of them were even 1/4”. I’m waiting on a response still. Anyone have any issues with them before? I told them I want a full refund or the proper size. I’m not accepting a partial refund as these aren’t what I ordered.

fyler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please keep updated I have 5 x1/2" getting delivered tomorrow

Heathd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a little ignorant on nudis… but don't the smaller/juvenile Berghias consume more aptasia than the adults?

fyler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah defiantly not 1/2 in at all. These are 1/4 in. Larger ones needed for a higher flow tank as stated on his website

20200128_104105.jpg 20200128_104117.jpg

Waterislife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a run with them over size of item shipped before, will not use again, they just argued about till I gave up

OP
OP
J

Justjim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They didn’t answer my emails, so I just left a voicemail. I’ll be reporting fraud on Thursday if they don’t respond

9780C181-3999-47FA-9DEA-27C5C76D40BB.png

mborn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happened to me. I ordered the 1/2" and was sent 1/8" and 1/4". I initially felt a little ripped off, but they were healthy and grew, formed a breeding population, and wiped out all the aiptasia in my tank. So, it all worked out in the end and I’m happy with the outcome.

fyler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happened to me. I ordered the 1/2" and was sent 1/8" and 1/4". I initially felt a little ripped off, but they were healthy and grew, formed a breeding population, and wiped out all the aiptasia in my tank. So, it all worked out in the end and I’m happy with the outcome.
It's honestly not about getting 1/4 when ordering 1/2. It's not about $3. It's about good buisness practice. If you took your car to get a oil change and they only changed your filter would you be happy? It is bad buisness to sell something and not deliver that

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salty Underground is a 50/50 supplier some of his stuff use to be outstanding and had great prices. I've bought a handful of frags from them. But I've had some mis shipments, DOAs etc and it was like pulling teeth to get them to take care of issues. Fish of Hex and Vivid Aquariums are my go to these days - Travis & Dave are awesome folks who are true reefers and care about their stuff getting out.

Bretth282

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will admit, though this does suck as you didn’t get the size you wanted, but them little guys will do a much better job seeking then nems in the smallest of cracks and crevices!!! Got to look at the good side of this!

OP
OP
J

Justjim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have leopard wrasses and bigger fish so this is unacceptable. If I buy a truck and a motorcycle shows up, I’m not paying.

OP
OP
J

Justjim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I filed a dispute against them through PayPal and demanded a full refund. I’m disgusted with them as I’ve gotten quite a few messages saying this is how they do business and they let it go. No this is what fraud is!

fyler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see he just posted to a Facebook page dropping price on 1/4" ones now. Kind of insulting to receive them as 1/2" ones

Screenshot_20200129-152056_Messages.jpg

John Stuckey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had this EXACT same experience. I ordered 4 1/2 inch nudis and what I got was near microscopic. I need a magnifying glass to verify if they were alive. MAYBE 1/8 inch. Very frustrating.

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered from them twice and I never got the amount I ordered, always less. that being said, they worked the last time I bought them. I now have 0 aiptasia

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back