Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They are so pretty!
IMG_1328.JPEG IMG_1329.JPEG IMG_1330.JPEG IMG_1331.JPEG IMG_1332.JPEG IMG_1333.JPEG IMG_1334.JPEG IMG_1335.JPEG

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I asked them for some information on the corals they selected or something to say about them on my unboxing video I will be posting so hopefully I'll be able to talk at length about them. My value equation is all messed up - I'm out of my league. - I think I have been getting waaay harder corals then I am ready for.

Last edited:

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this Timmy taking a bite out of crime? or is the Toadstool splitting? This is this morning before it put out its polyps.
IMG_1326.JPEG
It usually looks like this:
IMG_0544.JPEG
I’m new to leathers but I don’t think they split on their own

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked them for some information on the corals they selected or something to say about them on my unboxing video I will be posting so hopefully I'll be able to talk at length about them. My value equation is all messed up - I'm out of my league. - I think I have been getting waaay harder corals then I am ready for.
Can you please link unboxing? There is no league for you, your in a league of your own!

you-got-this-good-luck-meme-com-funny-good-luck-memes-52333323.png

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Its going to be awhile before I put it out... I have a ton of videos to edit and release...
I have two Noopsyche, an Algae Barn, a Live Aquaria, a RedSea, and a BattleCorals plus all my build videos and DIY stuff todo. lol and I'm not even editing a fishy video this next one (jet boat)... editing just takes me so long. I put it off and record other stuff...
hehe subscribe & click the bell and You'll be notified when I post it!

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its going to be awhile before I put it out... I have a ton of videos to edit and release...
I have two Noopsyche, an Algae Barn, a Live Aquaria, a RedSea, and a BattleCorals plus all my build videos and DIY stuff todo. lol and I'm not even editing a fishy video this next one (jet boat)... editing just takes me so long. I put it off and record other stuff...
Already been $ubscribed ;)

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm just feeling intimidated I suppose, Not only for just keeping the corals alive and flourishing but also all these unboxing videos; Maybe I won't do them - just BC and WWC had different delivery styles and I'm challenged by how to do the editing. Not to mention I was able to spend way more time doing the BC unboxing; these I had pickups/drop-offs and other stuff going on so my footage is rushed.
I had no idea of these challenges for YouTubers. - lol maybe I'll just stick to random projects...

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just trying to keep it stable.
080422-AlkCa.jpg
Not doing a great job. Coralline finally seems to be growing so I have to keep upping my dosing requirement.
dosing Restore and Coral Aminos.
The STN-ing on the one Coral that colored-up has stopped and is starting to reverse.
The one that was super bad seems to have stopped.
3 more STN-ing pretty bad but I am hoping they're just late to the party and I am awaiting them to stop.
Fed Reef Chilli the other day.
The WWC corals are all ok - Now that they've colored up even more, I can definitely tell the differences between these and some run of the mill Montis.
Lol. pretty ashamed of panicking the other day.

Bummed that the extension cords I got for the used (new in box) AutoAqua AWC Touch I found don't fit. I guess I'll just cut the pump cables and solder the extension in. excited to get that all setup. In addition to running the drain line to my sump, I ran a 1/4" line so I can run my RODI all the way to the tank and setup auto ATO fill-ups...
Need to get a Kalk stirrer.

still alive! phew!
IMG_1367.JPEG IMG_1368.JPEG

OP
OP
Projects with Sam

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I messed-up last night when I was setting up my water changer and I think I changed about 20-30 gallons of water. I was a little punchy from being out in the hot sun taking the kids to Maggie Daly Park then drinking a lot so not too clear on things. Decided to do a full work-up...
2022-08-06 1:41 PMAlkalinity8.3
2022-08-06 1:45 PMCalcium415
2022-08-06 1:48 PMMagnesium1275
2022-08-06 1:54 PMPhosphate0.5
2022-08-06 1:57 PMNitrate10
IMG_1428.JPEG IMG_1429.JPEG
Did a coral snow treatment with Brightwell Aquatics Restor, Coral Amino, and MB7.
IMG_1436.JPEG IMG_1439.JPEG
I turned down some settings on my Noopsyche's last week for when the T5s kick on because I really think I was burning the heck out of everyone in addition to poisoning them with suicidal anemones, no carbon, no gfo, and no water changes.
The corals showing STN have Polyp extension now so hopefully they'll recover...
IMG_1432.JPEG IMG_1433.JPEG IMG_1431.JPEG IMG_1435.JPEG IMG_1434.JPEG

Mandarin happy in QT with tons of pods - been there for at least 3 three weeks - no meds. May just dip and put in DT.
IMG_1438.JPEG

one of the WWC - so gorgeous - I've wanted one of these - I hope Timmy can leave it alone.
IMG_1437.JPEG

Last edited:

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribed. I think the leather just accumulated some detritus in that fold and it started to loose tissue. That's just my guess tho.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 150 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back