Sawcjack's Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL Build

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by SawCJack00, Mar 16, 2018.

1. svogun

svogun Active Member R2R Supporter CTARS Member Build Thread Contributor

How's that Golden Dwarf Moray doing? I have the same tank and was concerned it would get lost in a tank this size.

SawCJack00 likes this.

2. SawCJack00

SawCJack00 Member of Value R2R Supporter AZ FRAG Member Build Thread Contributor

He is awesome! He goes from each of the 3 major rock formations, so each day I'll find him somewhere else. Every now and then I see him free swimming between locations which is cool. He eats well although he has expensive tastes. I feed him Mahi Mahi soaked in Selcon. I've tried some other foods, but so far that's his favorite. He does eat clams too but not as happily (read aggressively LOL ). He's a super cool addition, and I often have to point him out to guests because they see all the other fish swimming around and so colorful, but they don't look in the nooks and crannies where he lives, then he'll just pop his head out and surprise them once in a while. People really like him once they see him. I'm very happy with him so far.

svogun and bubbaque like this.
  3. SawCJack00

SawCJack00 Member of Value R2R Supporter AZ FRAG Member Build Thread Contributor

Both came in, although there was an address error on the package with the RRC Rainbow Splice so I had to get FEDEX to hold it at a location and go pick it up otherwise they would deliver the next day. Both the Tamarin Wrasse and the Rainbow Splice frag are doing awesome and I'll post pics of both in the near future...

4. FarmerTy

FarmerTy Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019

That's awesome! That's where he needs to be!

SawCJack00 likes this.
  5. SawCJack00

Vivid's Fire Garden looking all fiery and gardeny on a Friday afternoon!
    Vivids Fire Garden.jpg

bubbaque likes this.
  6. bubbaque

bubbaque Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Did you get the rainbow splice?

SawCJack00 likes this.
  7. SawCJack00

I did. It's tiny, so I'm waiting for it to grow a bit before I reveal it to the world :) it's doing well though!

bubbaque likes this.
  8. SawCJack00

RRC Rainbow Splice!!!
    RRC Rainbow Splice 3.jpg
    RB Splice Splicing.jpg

Janci, Highgrade and ReefChef19 like this.
  9. SawCJack00

JF Homewrecker looking good today..
    JF Homewrecker 1.jpg

Janci, inktomi and bubbaque like this.
  10. SawCJack00

Tammy the Blue Striped Tamarin Wrasse is in her new home! I'll post better pictures when I can get them. She's fast and always on the move. Currently my favorite fish in the tank!

Tamarin Wrasse 6.jpg

Highgrade and bubbaque like this.
  11. inktomi

inktomi Active Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor

Your Blue Striped Tamarin Wrasse (and tank in general!) are looking great!!! Does Tammy sleep under the sand like other wrasses?

SawCJack00 likes this.
  12. SawCJack00

Thank you! Yes she does sleep in the sand. I currently have 8 wrasses in the tank, but she is my favorite right now!

13. inktomi

inktomi Active Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor

I've always been afraid that they'd find a way to jump. You must have a tight lid!

SawCJack00 likes this.
  14. Janci

Janci Staghorns will prevail R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Just went through the whole thread!
    Nice built and what a wonderful collection of coral and fish. Congratulations.

I like to hear more about how you connected the Dastaco to the Alkatronic. I assume the Alkatronic is controlling the feed pump to the Dastaco reactors.
    But how did you connect this?

SawCJack00 likes this.
  15. SawCJack00

Yes I have a lid made by Artfully Acrylic. It keep everything inside including my Golden Dwarf Moray Eel.

16. SawCJack00

Thank you very much! The Alkatronic comes with a controllable bluetooth outlet. I just plug the DaStaCo controller into the controllable outlet, then set the range for the outlet to be turned on and off, so it will turn off the CA reactor if my Alk goes above 8.5, then it turns it back on when it drops below 8.5 again. It works perfectly.

Janci and bubbaque like this.
  17. Janci

Janci Staghorns will prevail R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Thanks for the info @SawCJack00
    I was not aware the Alkatronic comes with this outlet.
    Gotta look into this.

SawCJack00 likes this.
  18. SawCJack00

I've been very happy with mine. It works perfectly for my setup!

Janci likes this.
  19. SawCJack00

I left my feeding door open on my top (4"x 8") accidentally, and went to another room to do something. i walked back in about 10 minutes later, and my Diamond Goby managed to jump out of it... I found him on the floor dead. He couldn't have been there long and I tried to revive him but no luck :( He was an awesome fish and really kept my sand bed clean. RIP buddy. I'm totally bummed, but I will definitely get another one soon.

Janci likes this.
  20. Sisterlimonpot

Sisterlimonpot Active Member AZ FRAG Member Build Thread Contributor

My diamond goby could've learned something form your diamond goby.

SawCJack00 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted