Sawdonkey's 220 Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by sawdonkey, May 31, 2014.

1. FarmerTy

FarmerTy Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

Sorry to hear man. I'm glad you're determined to get it back to its former glory. I wish you a smooth journey getting there!

2. sawdonkey

sawdonkey Valuable Member

Tank is down, moved to my back room and running with no filtration. Just a heater, powerheads, rock, Coral, and my only thee remaining fish, the triggers and a clown. The tank is just sitting on 2x4s. I’m going to change some things on my stand and completely redo my sump. I’m also going to buy a new tank that’s drilled for a low profile overflow rather than the corner overflows I have now.

My condo should be completely renovated around March and hopefully my rebuild will be in place too.

[​IMG]

3. bubbaque

bubbaque Never enough SPS R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

I'm looking forward to it. I have corner overflows also and if there was one thing I could change about my tank it would be to get rid of the them and install ghost style over flow.

4. lakereef

lakereef Active Member Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Geez Gunner. Considering the Break in, fire and blown breaker maybe you should get a lottery ticket because no one can have that bad of luck.

5. Radman73

Radman73 Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

Condolences. It absolutely sucks to read through a great thread like this and have this at the end. But, hopefully, this isn't THE end and we'll get to see your rebuild progress. Best of luck.

6. bubbaque

I hope your doing well and that the renovation is almost finished. I look forward to the new tank update!

7. sawdonkey

Thanks. Renovation is coming along slowly. I hope to be back in my condo by April. My tank is running on the floor of a bedroom right now with no filtration. Coral is pretty much all dead and only my two triggers are alive.
    I went from this:
    [​IMG]

To this:

[​IMG]

To this:[​IMG]

I’ll be setting back up again, but probably with a 180. I love the 220 look, but the extra six inches of height made it a pain to work on.

8. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Can't wait to have you back fully!

sawdonkey and Fudsey like this.
  9. bubbaque

Looks to be moving right along.

10. Scottsquatch

Scottsquatch Glad to be back! R2R Supporter

Awe man.... sorry to see this at the end of this thread! Glad the renovation is going well. I look forward to the new tank. I also have a 220, but I haven't set it up yet. You say its pretty hard to work in huh? Im almost 6'8"... do you think that will help or is it seriously a PITA? Good luck with the new 180.

11. sawdonkey

I’m about 6’ and I literally couldn’t do anything but feed my fish without a ladder. Not a big deal, but even with being 6’8, I imagine you’ll be on a ladder often. Now I get your username!

YHSublime, Scottsquatch and bubbaque like this.
  12. Scottsquatch

Did you already get a 180? How is the renovation going? I hope you get back on the horse. Your doppelganger tank was one of my favorites.
    Also size 16 wide shoes. The name really does suite me. Lol

13. FarmerTy

Glad you're making progress! I'm sure you'll make another stunning tank in no time!

I'm 5'4" and have a 215 gallon. That's why I built a walk board for my tank. I need a ladder to brush my teeth so what's the difference for me to use one for the tank. Bonus is I can use grabbers like I was born with them as hands.

Scottsquatch likes this.
  14. sawdonkey

Yes, I owe 50% of my reefing success over the last few years to my Eheim grabber stick and my 5 ft ladder.

Scottsquatch and FarmerTy like this.
  15. FarmerTy

What's life going to be like without a grumpy emperor?

16. sawdonkey

Well, I won’t have any fish that bite my arm hair off. Still have my Niger that’s super aggressive to my hands. I’m honestly pretty worried about restocking with Fish given the temperament of my two triggers. They haven’t done too well with new roommates in the past.

FarmerTy likes this.
  17. FarmerTy

Any way you can introduce them last?

18. sawdonkey

Moving back into my condo in about one month.....then the rebuild begins. I’m going to use the same stand but I want to get a 24 in high tank instead of 30.

Anyone have suggestions on where to get a 72X24X24 glass tank with no overflows (I’m going to drill for reef synergy)? Any suggested brands or suppliers?

Scottsquatch and bubbaque like this.
  19. Scottsquatch

Congrats on getting back into the condo! Hope your next build goes great!

20. MikeyB

MikeyB Valuable Member

I'm in the process of upgrading my tank as well. I ordered the 5ft 150 gallon from here.. http://www.scaquariums.com/category-s/101.htm and will be delivered here tuesday.

He doesnt stock a 72x24x24 but he may be able to make one for you, and have it drilled for synergy overflow as well. Dont know if you want rimless or not though, these are all eurobraced.

Draft saved Draft deleted