Say you suddenly died, what would happen to your Reef Tank?

Say you suddenly died, what would happen to your Reef Tank?

• Total voters

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife would do one of two things:

1) sell everything to anyone who wanted to buy it

2) tell my 12yr old daughter if she wanted to try to keep it going, she could learn

....but knowing her she might just call
1-800-GOT-JUNK

Last edited:

Krissu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank would pass away pretty soon after me im pretty sure. My mom, with no doubt would try to keep it, but has no knowledge, only love for its looks. And locally not much hope for it to sell anyway, reefing is extremely rare in this tiny corner of the world here.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife would be desperately searching through the section of my contacts that begins with "Fish Friend" so they can take everything away ASAP.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I died, I'd hope my R2R friends would connect with my son and teach him so he could continue his enjoyment. I'd want y'all to frag everything and divide it up. Somebody has to promise to adopt my little guys and let them live out their lives.

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife would be desperately searching through the section of my contacts that begins with "Fish Friend" so they can take everything away ASAP.
My husband would do the same, only he would probably reach out to our local reef club through the website since that's where most of my reef buddies are.

He would want someone to take the fish before they died, because he knows he doesn't know how to care for them beyond feeding. He would do his very best to keep them alive until he could get them adopted out though. He probably wouldn't be overly concerned about most of the corals, except probably the trachyphyllia and the Duncan.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I occasionally talk about these things. The tank would be gone, I've told her to contact the only reef store in the area, he would know what to do. I've actually been considering making out a service manual for the tank, which I had for my last tank.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know how I feel answering this ;Dead

My wife is clueless on the tank and my kids are too young. It’s built in so not an easy sell - come tear apart my wall for this tank to buy -

She is learning the reefing hobby, hopefully before I pass ;Nailbiting

doughboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Die....no one has a clue in my house and they would be freaked out with all the other things falling in their laps. They might realize there was a foul smelling swamp in the office at some later date...

Same here, probably worse.
I imagine that sump will run dry due to empty ATO, then return pump will start sucking air. Good thing DC pump shuts down if run dry. Next the DT water will start drying out killing the livestock. What happens after that is anybody’s guess. Lol
Anyway, not my problem anymore if I’m dead.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The family wouldn't know what to do. I remember while at a dinner party and the subject of falling into a coma came up and I jokingly said that if it ever happened to me the first thing I want my family to do is call the lfs and have them take care of the tank, so I guess the same would apply in this case and they'd probably have the lfs sell off everything.

Back