**SBB Corals 2 day LIVE SALE**-1000 WYSWYG Corals-up to 80% off!! $2,000 in Gift card Giveaways!!! $1,$5, Free corals! Prizes Games! Insane fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Season 8 Clown GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race's Drag Race
bb22-big-brother22.gif

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been trying to come up with a plan to up ph thats the easiest! Being a woman and don't get any help from hubby and not very mechinally inclined or tech savy! lol I live in florida so If I run a line it would be hot humid air and I also have my yard chemically sprayed so that wouldnt be an option. Sure cant leave windows open! If I use kalk how would i make sure it dosnt get to high? I have a seneye that I dont run but I think it might have a ph slide I can buy! What about these ph boosters that dont raise alk? I was reading about them the other day but I remember also reading never add those but if it dosnt raise alk then I dont see what the harm would be! Anyone tried that besides aquavitro? I dont get much growth at all from corals so I am assuming its ph either that or putting hands in tank to much! lol I have a lot of new frags on sand bed that snails keep knocking over so thats why I keep putting my hands in and have yet to decide on permanent placement either!

I like brightwell 8.3 if you dose for Alk. Keeps ph stable and it's relatively simple and cheap for a single dosing method.

Most houses aren't airtight so an airline to outside isn't as hard to do if you know what to look for. You probably have a dryer vent, exhaust fan vent, plumbing vent etc you could tap into.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A window open for a bit will help too. Surface agitation and skimmer seem to help people. Fortunately, I've never had to battle low ph and don't really know why.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back