**SBB Corals 2 day LIVE SALE**-1000 WYSWYG Corals-up to 80% off!! $2,000 in Gift card Giveaways!!! $1,$5, Free corals! Prizes Games! Insane fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Season 8 Clown GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race's Drag Race
bb22-big-brother22.gif

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been trying to come up with a plan to up ph thats the easiest! Being a woman and don't get any help from hubby and not very mechinally inclined or tech savy! lol I live in florida so If I run a line it would be hot humid air and I also have my yard chemically sprayed so that wouldnt be an option. Sure cant leave windows open! If I use kalk how would i make sure it dosnt get to high? I have a seneye that I dont run but I think it might have a ph slide I can buy! What about these ph boosters that dont raise alk? I was reading about them the other day but I remember also reading never add those but if it dosnt raise alk then I dont see what the harm would be! Anyone tried that besides aquavitro? I dont get much growth at all from corals so I am assuming its ph either that or putting hands in tank to much! lol I have a lot of new frags on sand bed that snails keep knocking over so thats why I keep putting my hands in and have yet to decide on permanent placement either!

I like brightwell 8.3 if you dose for Alk. Keeps ph stable and it's relatively simple and cheap for a single dosing method.

Most houses aren't airtight so an airline to outside isn't as hard to do if you know what to look for. You probably have a dryer vent, exhaust fan vent, plumbing vent etc you could tap into.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A window open for a bit will help too. Surface agitation and skimmer seem to help people. Fortunately, I've never had to battle low ph and don't really know why.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 151 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back