SBB Corals- Back to School Sale! 500 WYSIWYG coral Drop!!! Prize, games, Gift card Giveaway $1, $5 Corals. Hot New releases!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Sounds like a much more fun way to go about it would be adding more fish.

yes you will have to dose po4 especially if your keep a clean system. We talk a lot about this in our high end tenuis hoarder thread. po4 is super easy to dose we use Brightwell neophos.. Check the thread link below to learn more about it.

the Idea is we keep a super clean system meaning po4 and no3 at 0. Then we dose them up to the levels we want. Which are po4 between .9 and .14 and no3 between 15 and 25

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope he will :)
O I’m coming down for sure!
golden globes lol GIF by Challenger

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes you will have to dose po4 especially if your keep a clean system. We talk a lot about this in our high end tenuis hoarder thread. po4 is super easy to dose we use Brightwell neophos.. Check the thread link below to learn more about it.

the Idea is we keep a super clean system meaning po4 and no3 at 0. Then we dose them up to the levels we want. Which are po4 between .9 and .14 and no3 between 15 and 25

Read start to finish already. Great information on there! I choose to run a system with less fish than most do. Cool thing is..if I see something I want, I can just throw it in..but fish are really a means to an end for me. I know people say overfeeding to raise nutrients but I don't like the potential problems that come with that in my case.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@SBB Corals Do you guys feed coral food? Like OyserFeast, Benepets, etc, etc, etc. Or strictly dose for PO4 and NO3? I keep going back and forth. I'm not certain if the corals are actually eating the coral food or not and dosing PO4 and NO3 is more precise.

Last edited:

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that thing is insane super bright and huge, nice deal!
It really is.... I knew it was going to be bright af, but didn't think anything could be this bright af. Even in all spectrums of light too, XHO pure blue, Bluish before the white kicks on, Full Spectrum, No lights, it doesn't matter.... it by far stands out more than anything else in my tank.
Also impressed by the size it gets up to after the lights have been on. Definitely exceeded what I expected there too!

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spot feed reef roids occasionally for zoas and acans..or micromussa..lol. sometimes I mix benepets or reef Chilli in with the frozen I feed the fish. Keep one of those whiz quiz cups for feeding frozen and it lasts a couple of days

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spot feed reef roids occasionally for zoas and acans..or micromussa..lol. sometimes I mix benepets or reef Chilli in with the frozen I feed the fish. Keep one of those whiz quiz cups for feeding frozen and it lasts a couple of days
I think some of those corals eat it. Not 100% sure about acros and torches.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some zoas eat it..some don't. Forot to mention that I don't have to run a Skimmer either
I knocked dinos out of my tank so my nutrients are a little bit up from dosing a lot of NeoPhos and NeoNitro. So I keep my skimmer on most of the time, but even when I get down to around my target of .10 and 10 I'll keep my skimmer on for PH benefits. You could run your skimmer very dry.
Currently I'm at around PO4 = .18 and NO3 = 14

Last edited:

adsf430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@SBB Corals Do you guys feed coral food? Like OyserFeast, Benepets, etc, etc, etc. Or strictly dose for PO4 and NO3? I keep going back and forth. I'm not certain if the corals are actually eating the coral food or not and dosing PO4 and NO3 is more precise.
They feed the fish special food in a bag so none gets wasted (blanking on the name) then dose nitrate and Phos

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 125 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back