SBB Corals- Spring Bling! 400 WYSIWYG coral Drop!!! Prize, games, Gift card Giveaway $1, $5 Corals. Hot New releases!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefMagnet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alice In Wonderland Waiting GIF

finally my delivery is coming today

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if anyone could help me out, I received this from someone else. Is this normal? Is it healed? I’m not sure

Attachments

• 9B049449-C3D1-4184-9DD9-AF83EE029A33.jpeg
    9B049449-C3D1-4184-9DD9-AF83EE029A33.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 40

zaytoven_337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never used them, but a google search led me to a article where they were listed as a favorite bio media for saltwater tanks. The only downside listed in the article is that they deteriorate and mold will grow on them.

If you are worried about them than you could send in an icp test to see if anything is leeching into your water from them.

Only thing came back out of wack was my iodine in my last ICP test iodine was bottomed out at 0.

Attachments

• 36 gallon mix reef - April 9, 2022 (B-lzQeqO).pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 34

zaytoven_337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never used them, but a google search led me to a article where they were listed as a favorite bio media for saltwater tanks. The only downside listed in the article is that they deteriorate and mold will grow on them.

If you are worried about them than you could send in an icp test to see if anything is leeching into your water from them.

It looks like that’s what its growing mold on it I think ima switch them out for live rock like Shane suggested

ReefMagnet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if anyone could help me out, I received this from someone else. Is this normal? Is it healed? I’m not sure
That’s not the right way to frag euphyllia. Better to wait for the heads to fully split before fragging unless this is a wall hammer. Do you know which euphyllia you got? Do tentacles fully extend and look happy?

ReefMagnet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing came back out of wack was my iodine in my last ICP test iodine was bottomed out at 0.
Dose Lugols from Brightwell Aquatics to raise iodine. It’s a good product widely recommended. Redsea trace elements is another good option to add supplements for your tank

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s not the right way to frag euphyllia. Better to wait for the heads to fully split before fragging unless this is a wall hammer. Do you know which euphyllia you got? Do tentacles fully extend and look happy?
It’s a torch, I’m just worried if it will make it, it’s in my tank now. I got it temp acclimated and dipped. I hope it survives out of everything I got today it’s the more receded into it’s skeleton

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a torch, I’m just worried if it will make it, it’s in my tank now. I got it temp acclimated and dipped. I hope it survives out of everything I got today it’s the more receded into it’s skeleton
Give it time and see if it recovers. I agree that it looks like it was fragged through a head which is not good.

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it time and see if it recovers. I agree that it looks like it was fragged through a head which is not good.
It’s opening up like the others, so I’m praying it’ll be okay

Also on another note WHY DID NO ONE FREAKING TELL ME EUPHYLLIA CORAL ARE SO FRWAKING COOL IM FREAKING IUT THIS IS AWESOME ITS SO PRETTY AND IM FLIPPING HAPPY

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s opening up like the others, so I’m praying it’ll be okay

Also on another note WHY DID NO ONE FREAKING TELL ME EUPHYLLIA CORAL ARE SO FRWAKING COOL IM FREAKING IUT THIS IS AWESOME ITS SO PRETTY AND IM FLIPPING HAPPY
If it is starting to look happy then I’d guess it’ll probably be okay.

I’ve had hammers for several years now but I just recently started buying torches. Watching them sway in the flow is mesmerizing.

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is starting to look happy then I’d guess it’ll probably be okay.

I’ve had hammers for several years now but I just recently started buying torches. Watching them sway in the flow is mesmerizing.
Mine aren’t even opened fully yet and I’m happy. I think I have too much flow though….

charles7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME torches can do fine with fairly high flow.
I gotcha, I turned on the wave feature and the way they bounce… Just a waiting game on the hammers to open up! I’ve never owned those as well but had to scoop them. Hopefully I can get more on the next sbb sale. Different color though!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotcha, I turned on the wave feature and the way they bounce… Just a waiting game on the hammers to open up! I’ve never owned those as well but had to scoop them. Hopefully I can get more on the next sbb sale. Different color though!
I’m hoping to get another torch or two in the next sale.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m almost out of room already…. Idk what I’m gonna do
I’ve been out of room for a long time. I found some room several months ago by getting rid of some of my cheap corals that had grown too big.

Since then I’ve just been putting everything on magnetic frag rack, I’ll figure it out later
374BFC82-E996-44EC-9137-BEDCBE9315E0.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back