SBB Corals- Spring Bling! 400 WYSIWYG coral Drop!!! Prize, games, Gift card Giveaway $1, $5 Corals. Hot New releases!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
giphy (4).gif

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks good but you need more. I think I’m up to 11 gonis from SBB
I'm down to 3... I lost both green ones - Cousin It and No Name Grab It. I think if I get a chance to shop in this upcoming sale I'm going for Gonis and Rhodactis only. No more sticks for a while...

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm down to 3... I lost both green ones - Cousin It and No Name Grab It. I think if I get a chance to shop in this upcoming sale I'm going for Gonis and Rhodactis only. No more sticks for a while...
My cousin it doesn’t have any polyp extension but it doesn’t seem to by losing tissue. I had one that almost died as soon as I got it but it has completely recovered. Overall gonis seem to like my tank.
If you are having problems with gonis it may be because of manganese levels. I did some reading about that being an important element for goni health.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that question wasn’t directed towards me, but if you happen to have a 3d printer it’s incredibly cheap and easy to make your own wand with a fiberglass driveway marker from Lowes.
59E98B9C-8754-4494-AE1D-6F69B26F2D24.jpeg

I should have done that instead of purchasing the wand.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My cousin it doesn’t have any polyp extension but it doesn’t seem to by losing tissue. I had one that almost died as soon as I got it but it has completely recovered. Overall gonis seem to like my tank.
If you are having problems with gonis it may be because of manganese levels. I did some reading about that being an important element for goni health.
I don't know... I think it's green Gonis are my only issue. I have two thriving Alveopora but lost a plain green one. I have a Bubblicious, a Rainbow Garden, and a Daisy Chain all doing great but I lost the two green ones... It's weird.

I'll have to check my manganese just to rule that out though for sure!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know... I think it's green Gonis are my only issue. I have two thriving Alveopora but lost a plain green one. I have a Bubblicious, a Rainbow Garden, and a Daisy Chain all doing great but I lost the two green ones... It's weird.

I'll have to check my manganese just to rule that out though for sure!
I’m not sure if there is a test for manganese at the levels wanted for our tanks other than icp, because the desired level is so low. I have just recently started looking at trace elements and doing a icp testing and apparently it’s an element that gets used quickly in the tank so a reading of 0 doesn’t necessarily indicate a problem. I believe the reef moonshiners method said to dose until detectable and then lower the dosage slightly.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’d love to have a dog, but my family travels too much. I can only have pets that are okay being left home alone for a few days.
This one travels with us most of the time because he's a mini, but when he doesn't he stays with my in-laws. They have his sister so it's great fun for him.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
He is so cute we love dogs
Mini Aussie Heeler mix. He was the runt and got super bad allergies. He lost everything below his shoulders but it finally grew back. He's much prettier now!

MW319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SSB
what and how often do you feed your Goni’s? Also med flow and light?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back