***SBB- Spring Sale***- 800 WYSYWG - 200 Auctions! $1, $5 Corals. up to 80% off Starts 5/17/23!!! $1500 In Games and GIfts!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20230530-073852~2.png

I'd say slower is always better when making changes but I'd def try to get that pH up

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Screenshot_20230530-073852~2.png

I'd say slower is always better when making changes but I'd def try to get that pH up
This brings up a good point. I think pH is often overlooked as a metric. Panda and @billyocean both average above 8 ph. I have a really large open floor plan with windows almost always open in southern California, but still got a CO2 scrubber in Jan (didn't install it until late Feb) so I could chase 8.4 ph. I think it made a significant difference for acros.

My guess would be acros live in more turbid water hence the higher flow and higher requirements for ph. I don't think my acanthophyllia, Acans etc that are lower on the reef would care as much (definitely benefits but maybe at a smaller payout).

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just got a Tunze 3155 ATO Finally! No more topping off each morning and evening. It's not much, so I don't think it was really messing with anything. We use about 5 gallons of water a week. So less than 1/2g added each morning/evening. Will be nice not having to think about it anymore really.

Also have a Jabeo doser 4 chan. the white and red one sitting around I may try to hook up and use. Had it since the 65g just never hooked it up. Anyone use one ever? are they decent or should I just get a Kamoer doser?

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Listen Up Reaction GIF by Laff

Listen up everyone we are going to run 2 BONUS Surprises.

1) we are running an unboxing contest for a $150 Gift card. The Rules are Simple just post a documentary of receiving your corals. It can be a video, picture gifs ect. We want to see your unboxing and all your corals that you receive. We will pick our favorite and announce the winner on the opening of the new sales thread.

2) we are running a Surprise Sticker Reward Coral Reveal!!!!! everybody is getting stickers in the boxes but a select 6 people will get a sticker labeled 1-6. We will then reveal 6 prizes and sticker 1 gets 1st pick and down the line! we will reveal the prizes as the sale thread continues, we may reveal 1 prize at a time or all of them at once. So, look at your box carefully to see if you got one of the special numbers. Once you get it you must post a picture of your sticker and the number to be eligible to claim your prize and reward!

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a week? I thought we were doing pretty good with using a little amount. Capacity is about 110g
Not bad...but I'm saying you've got a fluctuation of 5 gallons in a week. Break that down to manually topping off twice per day instead of throughout the entire day and night...its a lot

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bristleworms... Should I dip this rock I just got, from a 4yr old tank. It has some bristleworms on it for sure. Tried to suck one up, but it's in the rock. Should I worry about them since I have a six line wrasse, an ornate leopard wrasse, green filefish that doesn't eat aiptasia but everything else including the little starfish lol.

Just nervous about dipping the rock, the mother colony mushroom is about 4-5" in diameter! Big neon green thing. Will an H202 dip mess with the yumas? There may be berghia nudis in the rock also, plus pods and such.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bristleworms... Should I dip this rock I just got, from a 4yr old tank. It has some bristleworms on it for sure. Tried to suck one up, but it's in the rock. Should I worry about them since I have a six line wrasse, an ornate leopard wrasse, green filefish that doesn't eat aiptasia but everything else including the little starfish lol.

Just nervous about dipping the rock, the mother colony mushroom is about 4-5" in diameter! Big neon green thing. Will an H202 dip mess with the yumas? There may be berghia nudis in the rock also, plus pods and such.
Yeah dipping will mess with everything on it. Bristleworms are an option, I don't think they are harmful, just unsightly.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah dipping will mess with everything on it. Bristleworms are an option, I don't think they are harmful, just unsightly.
I have a few fairly largish ones. They just clean up extra food.

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a few fairly largish ones. They just clean up extra food.

Good to know :) I didn't think they'd be much to worry about. I think the largest one I've seen is maybe an inch long. But I've also seen one berghia that was about the same size. So was trying to weigh the benefits vs cons :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back