SC aquariums

Awesome Dennis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Experience with what part? I’m loving mine.

OP
OP
whitewaterman53

whitewaterman53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was wondering about quality of build, shipping and customer support. They have had some bad reviews in the past as wondering how they perform currently. Did you get their stand and if so how did you like it? I am looking at a 150 what do you have?

Thanks

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was wondering about quality of build, shipping and customer support. They have had some bad reviews in the past as wondering how they perform currently. Did you get their stand and if so how did you like it? I am looking at a 150 what do you have?

Thanks
Save your money and go with an Innovative Marine INT/EXT. Myself along with many of my friend have had SCA aquariums which they are sub par for quality. Bad seams, misaligned overflows, cheap glass quality, misdrilled or cracked glass for the bulkheads. The Tanks and PNP systems are not a bad deal if you're looking to cut corners or save money. Their stands are junk. The Skimmers and pumps offered in the PNP systems will last only about 6mo and the plumbing is cheap. Sumps are thin glass- maybe 6mm. Best of luck if you do decide to get one.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Was looking at at Nuvo 150 int. SC price was good not going to settle for a problem to save a few (?) dollars
I have the INT 110 with APS stand and you can't go wrong with it. Quality is better than my Red Sea P650 IMO.

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Was looking at at Nuvo 150 int. SC price was good not going to settle for a problem to save a few (?) dollars
I got a sca 150 pnp and as for the stand being junk have no idea what the guy above me is talking about mine is solid wood not MDF as for the tank the seams all seem decent and as far as I know most the tanks are built in China so either way your more than likely getting a Chinese tank.and customer support isn't bad any questions I've had been answered the same day

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the INT 110 with APS stand and you can't go wrong with it. Quality is better than my Red Sea P650 IMO.
Is that something to brag about I see more red sea failures than any other tank at least on this forum

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that something to brag about I see more red sea failures than any other tank at least on this forum
SCA' s support isn't that great. The MDF and Wood stands are junk. Look at a majority of comments and post about the quality and customer service which are pretty negative. The wood stands come in several different finishes and maybe you just lucked out.

As for Red Sea it took them 4 replacements to get me a Red Sea P650 without any seam issues. Which was almost 3 years ago. Red Sea did make up for it with a refund check, spare sump, and a years supply of their product. Every six months when my SCA return pump or Skimmer pump would fail, Will at SCA wouldn't replace them or even offer a discount. Most of SCAs stuff is made in China. Would I buy another Red Sea tank given the recent failures. Probably not. So by any means if you think I'm bragging why don't you go troll somewhere else. I never recommended Red Sea even though it is an option. If it was up to me I would trust Red Sea over SCA given the quality and my experience with both manufactures.

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SCA' s support isn't that great. The MDF and Wood stands are junk. Look at a majority of comments and post about the quality and customer service which are pretty negative. The wood stands come in several different finishes and maybe you just lucked out.

As for Red Sea it took them 4 replacements to get me a Red Sea P650 without any seam issues. Which was almost 3 years ago. Red Sea did make up for it with a refund check, spare sump, and a years supply of their product. Every six months when my SCA return pump or Skimmer pump would fail, Will at SCA wouldn't replace them or even offer a discount. Most of SCAs stuff is made in China. Would I buy another Red Sea tank given the recent failures. Probably not. So by any means if you think I'm bragging why don't you go troll somewhere else. I never recommended Red Sea even though it is an option. If it was up to me I would trust Red Sea over SCA given the quality and my experience with both manufactures.
Troll? Lol was just giving my opinion yeah the skimmer works ok so far and for the return pump it's being used for water changes now not powerful enough for me but cant complain when they are pretty much free at the price these tanks sell for.as for the stand maybe I got lucky actually had a 5.9 quake hit Sunday night and I was 2 feet away from the tank and didn't hear any creaking besides my house

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another place to check out is Fijicube.. There tanks are similiar to the innovative marine, . And there customer service is excellent... They sell as a full package with there sumps as well, but you can contact them to just purchase tank and stand. I also believe they offer a 2 year warranty on tank/stand combo.;

Alan_J_MN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a SCA90 a month or so ago. The tank build quality is awesome. Seams are perfect. Glass edges are excellent. Absolutely nothing about the tank I could find to complain about. I got the basic stand. I knew it wasn’t “real wood”, but I like the modern look of this stand . It is well made and definitely looks and feels like it will hold up long term. However, water is your enemy, so like most people I waterproofed the inside of the stand. Definitely worth the effort.
I didn’t use the included pump. I made it my backup pump. I bought a Hygger (aka Jebaou) DC pump which is so quiet. I have not started the skimmer yet. Reports are that it is ok, but not the best. But at the price I am ok with that. Some skimmers cost half as much as I paid for this whole setup!!
So, while my experience is pretty new, I am definitely happy I went with this setup. YMMV.

OP
OP
whitewaterman53

whitewaterman53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another place to check out is Fijicube.. There tanks are similiar to the innovative marine, . And there customer service is excellent... They sell as a full package with there sumps as well, but you can contact them to just purchase tank and stand. I also believe they offer a 2 year warranty on tank/stand combo.;
thanks for the lead on Fiji Cubes! I am looking seriously @ the 148 gal tank. I will start a new tank build as soon as I decide.

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the lead on Fiji Cubes! I am looking seriously @ the 148 gal tank. I will start a new tank build as soon as I decide.

I have there advanced 24" sump and I really like it.. Being able to change out the sock for the filter floss box is a big plus. I am looking at a tank from them as well, and have been emailing them back n forth for a few weeks now, always respond in a timely manner, very polite.. Top notch customer service.

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my SCA 150 today and it's beautiful! Drilled for Synergy Reef overflow. Building my own stand so can't comment on that part. It's flawless as best as I can see, so I'd highly recommend.

IMG_4108.JPG IMG_4109.JPG

Corey Monster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my SCA 150 today and it's beautiful! Drilled for Synergy Reef overflow. Building my own stand so can't comment on that part. It's flawless as best as I can see, so I'd highly recommend.

IMG_4108.JPG IMG_4109.JPG
Tank looks awsome I've been eyeballing the same one!

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2-cents; Innovative Marine INT or EXT, if you are not going custom. There is one that is 36” wide, so depending on where it is going in your house, make sure you can get it through all doors.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back