SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c85eb73575061310add56c408e6fc77d.jpg

80fcb160d9d6e13359684c9df8a8b398.jpg

Tank uses so much co2 I have to run a 20lb bottle. Just swapped out my empty for a full one. I get it filled at Airgas. $53 for 20lb

Trevor40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was reading through the thread. I bet it was the GFO that caused a few colonies to bite the dust. I have experienced that in the past.

Seems like acro colonies hate drops in Phosphates. I have seen my acros go pale overnight from using GFO. Now I use it in extremely small amounts.

Keep up the great work. I love all the pictures and videos. Your tank is an inspiration.

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished reading all 19 pages. You have an amazing tank. I was wondering if you made any progress on the cyano? If so what did you do to get rid of it?

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was reading through the thread. I bet it was the GFO that caused a few colonies to bite the dust. I have experienced that in the past.

Seems like acro colonies hate drops in Phosphates. I have seen my acros go pale overnight from using GFO. Now I use it in extremely small amounts.

Keep up the great work. I love all the pictures and videos. Your tank is an inspiration.

I hadn’t used any gfo around the time I lost those 3 colonies. I was however testing a co2 scrubber, and had some major alk fluctuations

Just finished reading all 19 pages. You have an amazing tank. I was wondering if you made any progress on the cyano? If so what did you do to get rid of it?

Cyano has been completely gone since I dosed chemiclean. I think it’s been about 6 weeks. Maybe longer

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That red dragon colony must be four or five times bigger than any I have seen before. Awesome.
Lol, yeah that caught my attention too, and caused this weird feeling in my hand like when cutting frags ,lol.

Looked for minutes at this colony, really nice.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back