Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Paddy c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it was time I started a thread on here to post some pics of my SPS. I'm not that great with picture taking, but I do have a canon t3i and an avast camera tube. def helps take decent pics. One of these days I'll figure out how to adjust white balance and get better pics. For now, I'll show you what I got.

Tank is glass- 96x30x21". 3 side starphire. Made by Leemar. External overflow.

2-MP60s and 1 Tunze 6105. Fluval SP6 as main return pump.

Skimmer: bubble king double cone 250 rd3

Simple 3 chamber sump with refugium in the center chamber.

Geo 6x24 calcium reactor. With Matheson dual stage regulator.

Lighting: 5 Radion G3 with 6-80w t5s. I run my radions on 20k setting and I run all Blue+ bulbs.

Tanks been up and running for about 2 years. Been in the hobby for 6+. This is my 5th tank.

When everything was new

I originally had a DIY led setup, about 6-8 months ago I tore it down and added the radions. I originally started with 4, but recently added a 5th radion

My water change shed
[email protected]

RobertP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You tank is outstanding! And thanks for the bubble algae pics. :) I have some in my tank but the corals were growing so well I didn't care!
Funny thing is I wasn't real happy with the colors with my T5 ATI fixture. However, I was not running the Reefbrite leds....might have to try that because I love the T5 coverage.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @SchnitzelReef , what particular Reef Brite are you using?
Want to support my ATI module and look for recommendations on the Reef Brite strip since there are multiple options concerning the color mix of LED on the Reef Brites.

THX,
Andre

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @SchnitzelReef , what particular Reef Brite are you using?
Want to support my ATI module and look for recommendations on the Reef Brite strip since there are multiple options concerning the color mix of LED on the Reef Brites.

THX,
Andre

Reefbrite XHO all blue. I run 1 on the front of my fixture. I’ve heard of people running 2, but not sure it’s necessary. 1 XHO kicks butt in my tank.

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefbrite XHO all blue. I run 1 on the front of my fixture. I’ve heard of people running 2, but not sure it’s necessary. 1 XHO kicks butt in my tank.
Thx, was expecting and hoping for that answer.
I was thinking to add 2 RB's. One in front and one in the back of the Power module.
My tank is 36 deep, front to back and like to bring in more coverage ;-)

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx, was expecting and hoping for that answer.
I was thinking to add 2 RB's. One in front and one in the back of the Power module.
My tank is 36 deep, front to back and like to bring in more coverage ;-)

My tank is only 30”. For a 36” tank 2 would probably work better.

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx for sharing.
By any chance, do you dose Rubidium?
Maybe as part of "Fuel" or "KZ Coral System" etc.?

Nope. Honestly never even heard of Rubidium. I can tell you I’ve tried dosing 100 different things and never saw a noticeable difference.
I dose Pohls Xtra right now, but I only do it because I’m using up the rest of the bottle. If I stay up on regular water changes I don’t dose anything. Sometimes I’ll dose Lugols and potassium. But I don’t know if it does anything. And I don’t dose it regularly, sometimes I remember and I toss some in.

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
b9798e897c3fa22397fc6e3ffe2ce651.jpg

New Toy coming soon. [emoji16]

Reefanatik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is only 30”. For a 36” tank 2 would probably work better.
I am really thinking about installing the reefbrights in my tank . I currently run two 250watt radiums with T5 supplements. 2 blue plus and two actinic. I am just struggling with which RB to go with but I think I am leaning towards 2 XHO’s. One in front and one behind the MHs. My tank is 48x36x24. Schnitzel, do you run the RBs with the available controller interface?

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning tank.
One question about the calcium reactor and media.
You changed out the media once for TLF.
I guess it worked but was it so different to the previous media? Longer lasting? Better coral results?

OP
OP
SchnitzelReef

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really thinking about installing the reefbrights in my tank . I currently run two 250watt radiums with T5 supplements. 2 blue plus and two actinic. I am just struggling with which RB to go with but I think I am leaning towards 2 XHO’s. One in front and one behind the MHs. My tank is 48x36x24. Schnitzel, do you run the RBs with the available controller interface?

I don’t run the controller. I actually bought it and it’s sitting in my shed, I never ended up hooking it up. Normally for a 36” tank I would say 2 XHOs would be better, but 2 MHs and 4 T5s is a lot of light already. I don’t know if you really need 2. It will probably look more uniform, but it already sounds like your light setup is enough for your size tank.

Back