Scoly dieing?

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a war paint scoly that send to be receding. It used to fluff or like crazy and looked beautiful. I added a red coris wrasse and he flipped the scoly over every day. I would flip it back over when I noticed but I'm afraid that the constant flip over where it's not getting light caused it to starve. The feeders hardly come out and I can put food on it and 30 minutes later it's still there. It used to eat in about 30 seconds. It has not been flipped for a week now and I have secured it. Any ideas to help it recover? As you can see in the picture the skeleton is looking through a little bit.

e7a8d67095a90c296f9c4ddd6e5429b6.jpg

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys like minimal flow...and to keep the wrasse off him u can cut a soda bottle with some slits for water exchange and place over him i use these for all my lps while i feed so it doesnt get stolen.

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys like minimal flow...and to keep the wrasse off him u can cut a soda bottle with some slits for water exchange and place over him i use these for all my lps while i feed so it doesnt get stolen.

I feed it at night when the wrasse is already gone under the sand so the food isn't a issue. The flow is fine. He was ok for the longest time but I think the constant flipping just stressed out to much. B it is no longer an issue with the flipping as I fixed it but I'm trying to get it to recover.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still the same suggestions keep in low flow and feed well ..good luck

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been told by very reputable shop owners that they find these “touchy”. They actually steered me away. I’ve heard they often don’t recover well when in decline. That said, the lack of feeding response is not a good sign. I’d try some different foods. Specifically, try making reefroid paste, and maybe try it at different times. Reef Lover is right, try the pop bottle and see if maybe it wants to eat during the day. Make sure nobody is picking at it, or it’ll never recover.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back