Scooter Blenny pairing help

Oneway

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the photo is of my first scooter, I assume he's male but please comment as to what you think. Problem is we just added another which never flags and is constantly being chased by my assumed male. Today the male started holding onto the tail and side if the other blenny. The new fish shows zero aggression, never flags and constantly runs even though he or she is bigger. Is this normal? Or do I have a sissy male or female new fish that just won't fight back? Thanks for any help
20200810_200547.jpg

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Paul B @ReefSquad

Calling in the wise ones. I’m not super versed on the scooters. I know with mandarin dragonets, the male has what’s almost a “spike” coming off the dorsal fin. I don’t know if it’s the same for scooters. The people I’ve called in should have a better idea.

sorry I myself can’t be a bigger help. I’m new enough that I’m still learning, but R2R is all about sharing the knowledge!

OP
OP
Oneway

Oneway

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a male, the females fin is tiny like a Mandarin if the other also has a huge fin you have two males and they will likely fight to death.

Well he or she won't raise its fin, its getting a bit more aggressive from my male who is holding her side or tail, she raised a fin for a moment and its considerably smaller so I'm hoping she's a she and my male is a no means yes kinda jerk.

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Male scooter paired with a female Psychedelic dragonet, the male will flash at the female but not attack her. He even makes way for her and wont eat around her and will try to protect her from my snowflake eel(video of this below, snowflake eel is in the bottom right) You likely have two males.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back