Scooter Blenny pairing help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oneway
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Oneway

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2020
Messages
64
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the photo is of my first scooter, I assume he's male but please comment as to what you think. Problem is we just added another which never flags and is constantly being chased by my assumed male. Today the male started holding onto the tail and side if the other blenny. The new fish shows zero aggression, never flags and constantly runs even though he or she is bigger. Is this normal? Or do I have a sissy male or female new fish that just won't fight back? Thanks for any help
20200810_200547.jpg
 
@Paul B @ReefSquad

Calling in the wise ones. I’m not super versed on the scooters. I know with mandarin dragonets, the male has what’s almost a “spike” coming off the dorsal fin. I don’t know if it’s the same for scooters. The people I’ve called in should have a better idea.

sorry I myself can’t be a bigger help. I’m new enough that I’m still learning, but R2R is all about sharing the knowledge!
 
That's a male, the females fin is tiny like a Mandarin if the other also has a huge fin you have two males and they will likely fight to death.

Well he or she won't raise its fin, its getting a bit more aggressive from my male who is holding her side or tail, she raised a fin for a moment and its considerably smaller so I'm hoping she's a she and my male is a no means yes kinda jerk.
 
I have a Male scooter paired with a female Psychedelic dragonet, the male will flash at the female but not attack her. He even makes way for her and wont eat around her and will try to protect her from my snowflake eel(video of this below, snowflake eel is in the bottom right) You likely have two males.

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new