• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

SC's Ultimate Chalice Growout

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frags are in a holding pattern it seems. I have not seen them start to settle in (granted its only been a week, but a terrifying week), but i have not seen them get angrier. The Thing looks fine, Rainbow magic looks pretty good, Lingerie took a BIG hit but it seems to have stopped and is just hanging out. BPC is doing just fine it seems. Frozen Lava looks the same.

I will keep you guys updated as they progress. I have them in a very specific spot in the frag tank to allow minimal flow, minimal light, which they seem to have taken a liking to. I dont want to move them for fear of angering them even more. so pictures will be difficult until they settle in.

OP
OP
CJO

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd rather good chalices than good pictures! I really appreciate everything you are doing to help us.

CJ

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick inspection of them last night, the Lingerie seems to have healed over some the dying part, it looks to have lost about 1/16" around the rim, but looks infinitely better when S**T hit the fan the other week.

I will get a detailed report tonight on each piece!

We recently got a new puppy and work has been insane, I have had my hands full, needless to say, but will get back to regular updates soon!

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. Things have officially settled down (in life and in the tank), i think everything is officially settled in now and has stopped dying and started to adjust.

BPC - same size, had lost a lot of color during the "acclimation" and now is coming back
Lingerie - lost about 1/8" around the rim and lost color, it has healed over and has formed a new rim, color is SLOWLY coming back, the eyes are still feeding tho
Thing - lost some color slightly, seems to be a champ, no growth issues
Rainbow Magic - colored down slightly as well, color is coming back, no growth issues
Frozen Watermelon - this thing was hanging on by a thread when i got it from Brian, i think this one finally went the way of the buffalo and passed on. I am leaving the plug in the tank for hopes of some sort of spontaneous revival
My Miami - still waiting for Brian to cut his piece off and get the frag back over to me (will make sure levels are accurate before even considering adding it to the tank)

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the updates. I'm glad to hear everything is settling in. And thank you again for taking this over for us! If I have anything in my tanks that you want a frag of just let me know and I will hook it up for you.

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don usually butt into these growouts but just wanted to say Scott is a true champ and I'm glad to know met him and know him as a friend too. After all you guys have been through I want to bring some happiness back to all of u since the holidays is coming up!! Stay tuned while I think of something :)

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small update again.

BPC - The BPC has not grown since the last post, but the color is coming back remarkably (not to sound surprised). Its actually doing very nice and i think will make a full recovery (however due to the bpc notorious growth rate it may be a while)
Lingerie - no real change since last week, the flesh is thickening, color is slightly coming back, i can see the change in color from the flesh to the eyes
Thing - no visible change
Rainbow Magic - color is coming back quickly, still 2 nice eyes
Frozen Watermelon - still hanging on by a thread
My Miami - still in Brian's tank, he says he wants to get his water quality under control before fragging it and handing it over (i have enough to deal with right now than to add another frag to the tank right now, im fine waiting it out as long as its healthy in his tank)

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As some of you may know I'm selling the Rising Sun and a few others to make some
Bills Disappear but I have not been neglecting the tank by any means. The chalices are doing great.

I promise to get pictures up as soon as the color comes back to where it once was.

The lingerie is fully healed, eats, and loves life. The part that was affected has been fully healed over and has some color returning to all the eyes.

The rainbow magic is getting its color back and growing. I see a 3rd eye formed.

The thing has not changed. Slight color returning. Same size. No loss in size. No growth.

I spoke with Brian and his tank seems to be back in order. So I will be picking up the my Miami this weekend.

I will keep you guys updated. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

I will get pictures up once The chalices have returned to their awesome photogenic state
E

OP
OP
CJO

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the update. I wish we could get the rising sun in this growout! That's probably my favorite chalice.

CJ

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOTS of color coming back into these guys! Very happy with how things are going!

However....i had a few bills to pay and sold my camera (i was terrible at using it anyways). But i purchased a much cheaper camera with the proceeds, which arrives tomorrow so I will get pictures up as soon as it arrives.

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your troubles in the bills department. I have been there and it's no fun at all. I hope you get things turned around for the better soon.

Thank you for the update! I'm glad to hear that they are coloring up again. Merry Christmas!!

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some issue with delivery of my camera but it should come today.

The frags are getting tons of color back, the LIngerie and the rainbow magic are showing the best coloration so far, the thing is slowing coming back and the frozen lava even started to grow back over which is awesome.

Sorry for the lack of pics, i will get back to regular updates soon!

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again for updating. I can't wait to see some new pics!

BTW did Brian ever frag the My Miami and get it to you?

SD Actuary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the much anticipated pics...

Four Caveats:
1. Not used to the new camera + my **** poor photography skills
2. The pieces have been to hell and back and still need time to get back to the true color.
3. I tried taking pics in pure blue light and pure white light, and both circumstances seemed to show no color. This seemed to be the best balance between the two, even though it looks to majorly be blue
4. There are some old dead frags on this rack that are not related to any grow out.

Lingerie - Left
The Thing - Top
Rainbow Magic - Right
DSCN0080.jpg

I have not been able to get ahold of Brian for a while. AquaSD opens back up this week and I will be able to talk to him then.

I will keep working with the camera and post pictures as i improve to show the true colors.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back