Sea Apple and a squirt

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,768
Reaction score
33,775
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Occupants of my young filter feeder 8g tank.

PXL_20251021_043327157~2.jpg
 
Incredible photo! Thanks for sharing!
 
Beautiful photos.

Can you explain the feeding plan and how you intend to keep the high particulate and DOC without creating a mess? Filtration, water changes, etc. Is there another thread?
 
Beautiful photos.

Can you explain the feeding plan and how you intend to keep the high particulate and DOC without creating a mess? Filtration, water changes, etc. Is there another thread?

I do have a thread I'll link below but it's nothing very technical.
I've done quite a bit of reading but this is mostly a learn as I go project. I tend to learn better by doing things vs reading about doing things. The tank is very low tech. All I'm using for filtration is floss and doing WCs. I'm changing 10% almost every day. I have a phyto blend being dosed in small amounts once an hour every hour 24/7. I recently started adding freshly hatched baby brine shrimp to the phyto. From what I've read the brine is too large for the apple but the other inhabitants seem to be enjoying it. The last time I tested N and P they were what many consider high, NO3 30 and PO4 0.7 but I'm just keeping an eye on things and have no plans to intervene and I don't test very often. I also don't have to worry much about algae because I'm only lighting the tank for a few hours in the evening and the light is at only 3% .
It's only been running for 4 months so I have quite a while to go before i find out if it's a success or not. The Sea Apple is eating and excreting waste which from my reading is a sign this means it should not be starving to death.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ioaio-8g-nano-budget-build.1116845/#post-13669694
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new