Sea Fans Parasites Help

Shamama Tul Amber

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2025
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Location
Karachi, Pakistan
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a researcher, currently exploring coral aquaculture. I have Echinogorgia, Menella, Anella & Bebryce species of sea fans. Lately, I have noticed some red and white striped worms on my corals. Today, I took one of the specimens and dipped it in an iodine bath to remove worms. It turns out they are small brittle stars. Now, I am confused about whether to dip others or not. Because as I've searched the internet, it says they are hitchhikers. The question is, are they safe? Please guide me.
WhatsApp Image 2025-12-30 at 22.22.04_60b617c7.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2025-12-30 at 22.29.50_39c31eb9.jpg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

#WelcometoR2R

Interesting! I've only seen black brittle stars, which I take to be reef safe.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new