sea salt

I use instant ocean now but the dKH in that is really high, my dKH is at 12.9 now and the dKH of the BrightWall is suppose to be at 7.9 so if I do a water change it should bring it down
 
Both IO and Reef Crystals are high alk mixes. You can lower it yourself, but if you do not want to do that, the Brightwell salt is likely OK with an alkalinity around 7.4 dKH. Some of its claims are utterly ridiculous, but that that doesn't mean it is a bad mix.

Red Sea Salt in the blue bucket is another option, with alkalinity in the 7-8 dKH range.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new