Sea Whip question...

Fish_BowLisha

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2015
Messages
160
Reaction score
31
Location
Sonoma County, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a purple blade sea whip for a little under three months now and it was doing well budding new branches etc. I noticed that after I had moved it, (to place a hammer and torch coral), that it wasn't extending its polyps anymore. I let it settle in about a week and still no extension. Yesterday I moved it to a more brisk flow as of tonight still no response.
image.jpg

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 
It has gone through a couple of shedding periods and usually opens right up after. Seems to be slower this time as in four days now no polyp extension.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new