Seahorse scratching

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have four seahorses in a Quarantine tank. They are about to go into the display tank. But, i see that two of them are scratching against pvc and plastic chains a little. They eat 3-4 times a day. Noproblems with appetite. What would be the best route to take? The display has much more room and better water quality due to live rock. Ive never treated for "scratching" before.
Any advice/recommendations?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have four seahorses in a Quarantine tank. They are about to go into the display tank. But, i see that two of them are scratching against pvc and plastic chains a little. They eat 3-4 times a day. Noproblems with appetite. What would be the best route to take? The display has much more room and better water quality due to live rock. Ive never treated for "scratching" before.
Any advice/recommendations?
Scratching or trying to hitch themselves? Make sure its really scratching

If it is, its an infection of some sort, use freshwater dip along with rally/copper/another anti external infection med

OP
OP
L

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definitely scratching. i ordered some formalin. Im gonna do a long term bath for 6 days. I dont want to freshwater dip them unless i have to.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you-
Cool seahorse facts for you: they can change their color and texture over time to look more like their home! young seahorses do this to an even greater extent. Seahorses mate for life and hold tails with each other while swimming. Their tails are prehensile and have a very wide range of motion.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back