Seahorse with weak snick

MadMaxx

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
ventura
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afternoon
This is my first time posting so any help would be appreciated. I recently received a seahorse from a family friend that passed away and needed a new home. I have been taking care of saltwater aquariums for over three years now with great success, however the seahorse is the first time I’m dealing with a funky fish. Since at first observed the seahorse it has been showing signs of weak snick and not eating (and I guess has been doing this for a couple months now) but testing the water showed no problems.I am also not to sure on how to tell if it’s a healthy weight. After reading some forums and based off previous fish behavior with fishes I own, it seems like possible gill parasites have him disturbed. I have him in his own 80 gallon tank with good water quality but still does not want to eat, he shows interest but will not eat. I want to dose either ProziPro or Paragaurd. The seahorse is around 5-7 yrs (not to sure). Any help on which meds would do better and a dosing schedule would be appreciated.

IMG_1163.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1162.mov
    23.3 MB
They say 5-8 years i believe. I notice that as well but i haven't seen him eat in over a week. Could it be feeding at night?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new