Protozoa and Seahorse weak snick

  • Thread starter Thread starter LgTas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LgTas

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2020
Messages
551
Reaction score
515
Location
Tasmania
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My barbouri pair both developed weak snick. I 10 minute FW dipped both and could see evidence of white specs at the bottom of the container after the dip suggesting it was gill/throat protozoa. The FW dip had helped the female but the male has regressed back to now not even being able to ingest smaller brine shrimp. I FW dipped again yesterday and there were ALOT of white specs. Tried feeding again today and still not able to grab any size food. Even tried BBS and it still cant feed.

I'm setting up a hospital tank today and will broadcast medicate as well as inject and force feed food to it in the hopes I can save it. Which medication works best for protozoa? Anything else I should try?
 
I'm unable to assist as I don't have experience with weak snick, but I'll call in the #fishmedics for help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new