OP
OP
Nolan Shinn

Nolan Shinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice one! Mine is pretty old. Half Moon Betta. On his last fins.
D9D78354-2F7F-43FD-A361-CE51B515F611.jpeg

He’s got gorgeous coloring!!

OP
OP
Nolan Shinn

Nolan Shinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been to Crystal Reef, that’s quite a drive from our area. I’ve purchased fish from Saltwater City in the past and I like that they quarantine a little bit. They are running hyposalinity in their system at 1.012 according to an employee I spoke with a couple months ago. I understand why their doing it but it makes for a long acclimation process. Barrier Reef always has nice looking stock but I’ve never bought from them. I don’t have room for a quarantine setup so I decided to work with Humblefish to stock my tank. I like the idea of an acclimated and treated fish arriving on my doorstep ready to go right into the display after a bag float. I’m really hoping it works out well. Otherwise Barrier Reef might be the next one I try. Thanks for the insight.

Rad! I’ve never heard of humblefish before. Let me know how it turns out! I’m the same way, I’d rather have someone else do the quarantining and devote the space and money toward anything else...

I think crystal has (or had, I haven’t been in a while) the best looking coral for the best price. Fish can be hit or miss, and they don’t usually have many.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rad! I’ve never heard of humblefish before. Let me know how it turns out! I’m the same way, I’d rather have someone else do the quarantining and devote the space and money toward anything else...

I think crystal has (or had, I haven’t been in a while) the best looking coral for the best price. Fish can be hit or miss, and they don’t usually have many.
Humblefish is a member of this forum. Check out the link below to see what he’s attempting to do. I have not received my fish yet but that’s ok. I’m totally for supporting anyone who is willing to do what he’s doing to make sure we can obtain healthy livestock.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/humblefish-aquatics.529893/

OP
OP
Nolan Shinn

Nolan Shinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190926_105513_01.jpg

After literally years of wanting and looking for the right one, I finally got a H. magnifica. This particular specimine is from a tank in texas. Unfortunately not aquacultured but it has been living in a display tank for over 2 years now... Very healthy and immediately responsive

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190926_123630.jpg

IMG_20190926_204227.jpg

IMG_20190926_130444.jpg

IMG_20190926_204222.jpg

Normally I'd QT, but in this case I had to go directly to the display tank because I knew the conditions the anemone was coming from, and my QT decided it no longer wanted to be full of water the other night... IMG_20190926_204222.jpg
Its color is amazing! Nice find!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back