Second dead kessil h380

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has any one had 2 kessil lights die within a very short time? Bought the first one in December, started the tank in January 2021, light was dead by end of February, bought the second light in March, and now it’s dead as well. Both lights we’re hooked to my apex, on for 16 hours a day.
Both lights around 20 inches above the water line. No moisture present. Kessil suggested I clean them out, and that wasn’t helpful at all either. Is this common for kessil? Should I switch to the GRO instead?

5FDF421B-1506-4A19-8851-ACD9BAB51FF5.jpeg

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant help on light recommendations but thats a bummer and heres a bump

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear about Kessil failures all the time.

Then again given their over all market share who knows if it's higher than Radion.

Just get a 40watt or 2x 20watt white floodlights for a fuge. Water proof and better coverage.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just chiming in here with our email conversation so other people reading can follow the same advice - We sent over some deep cleaning instructions that you'll do when you get the chance. If that doesn't resolve it, we'll warranty the unit. Without examining the unit itself, it's tough to determine the root cause of the failure - but two failing in such a short period of time is EXTREMELY unusual!

As always, feel free to reach out to us via email if there's any questions we can assist with

OP
OP
RJKain-777

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just chiming in here with our email conversation so other people reading can follow the same advice - We sent over some deep cleaning instructions that you'll do when you get the chance. If that doesn't resolve it, we'll warranty the unit. Without examining the unit itself, it's tough to determine the root cause of the failure - but two failing in such a short period of time is EXTREMELY unusual!

As always, feel free to reach out to us via email if there's any questions we can assist with
Yep! Haven’t had a chance to update the thread, when I’m home from working on the road I’m going to clean both units and see if they end up working.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back