Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Dana. I am sorry that other people are claiming your work for your own, and appreciate greatly the work you have done.
I'll vent :mad: - The first time this happened, a whole article I had written was lifted word for word from the Advanced Aquarist site, and someone else had claimed authorship. Once an article is published, it's owned by Advanced Aquarist, and I wrote to the site asking that credit be given where it was due. Instead of doing so, the article was removed from their website. To be fair, I didn't generate much of the min/max lighting requirements (I did for a few of the corals and Tridacna in the list however) but I did spend a great deal of time going through volumes of reference materials to data the information. With that said, thank you for the compliments!:)

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After careful review of the information concerning lighting requirements of various photosynthetic invertebrates published on the Seneye website, I have determined their list contains more than the two lists I have published, hence, it was incorrect for me to say that this data was mine, especially considering much of these lists were gathered from peer-reviewed articles and are in the public domain. I did generate several of the datasets for Hawaiian corals. The lists were similar enough for me to believe, after a quick review, that the data was simply copied. It was not – it is a more complete compilation. It is my intent to present correct and truthful information, and I erred in this matter. My apologies to all.

The Seneye list is a valuable guideline for lighting requirements of corals.

Further – a clarification. I made reference to a previous incident where an article I wrote was re-published with another taking credit. Seneye is a reputable firm, and has products of great value, and was not involved in this matter in any way.

Again, my apologies.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Want a real rant...;)

"Genus" plus "specific epithet" = SPECIES..

Genus... Acropora
Specific Epithet.... cervicornis

SPECIES: Acropora cervicornis

spe·cif·ic ep·i·thet
spəˌsifik ˈepəTHet/
noun
BotanyMicrobiology
noun: specific epithet; plural noun: specific epithets
  1. the second element in the Latin binomial name of a species, which follows the generic name and distinguishes the species from others in the same genus.

bugged me in college and to this day....:)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 62 36.7%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back