Serious Goby Problem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had this diamond goby for about 5 months and he's full of personality. If a crab gets too close to him he grabs the shell and throws them....good stuff.

So "Goby" as my wife that wants nothing to do with the tank calls him was living in his dug out home for about four months. Now Goby has decided to move homes every week or so. Now I have these heaping mounds of sand all over the place.

After I found his newest home tonight I told my wife that I'm getting rid of his summer house, winter cabin and Goby mansion. She told me I better not touch them! Evidently I just lost control of my 350 gallon tank that I've always wanted...sad sad day.

TKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had this diamond goby for about 5 months and he's full of personality. If a crab gets too close to him he grabs the shell and throws them....good stuff.

So "Goby" as my wife that wants nothing to do with the tank calls him was living in his dug out home for about four months. Now Goby has decided to move homes every week or so. Now I have these heaping mounds of sand all over the place.

After I found his newest home tonight I told my wife that I'm getting rid of his summer house, winter cabin and Goby mansion. She told me I better not touch them! Evidently I just lost control of my 350 gallon tank that I've always wanted...sad sad day.
That's funny! Personally, I like my goby running around my tank digging up new homes. I think it adds character to the tank and provides it will more than one hiding place. My yellow spotted goby has two homes and it bounces back and forth between the two. I think it chooses its home based on it current mood and level of distain with its partner, the pistol shrimp. LOL

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's funny! Personally, I like my goby running around my tank digging up new homes. I think it adds character to the tank and provides it will more than one hiding place. My yellow spotted goby has two homes and it bounces back and forth between the two. I think it chooses its home based on it current mood and level of distain with its partner, the pistol shrimp. LOL
I understand this completely.....I just go to the basement lol

aurora.k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blue spot / pistol shrimp and I also don’t mind the different homes they make and like to guess which one they are in. I also have a vague feeling it’s good for the sand bed to have them rummaging around down there. I only don’t like it when they go to a spot in the back of the tank - the first home was basically designed for my viewing pleasure with its placement

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is good for the tank when they stir the sand but mine ends up with these massive hills.

I haven't had to worry because mine is a diva so his homes are all in the front part of the tank

20201122_101615.jpg

Sorry for all the blue....

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's too funny! The good news is that if your wife enjoys the tank ... it might be easier to add things to it with her approval :) Just say Goby needed it :)
So true lol. I'm pretty sure Goby needed all of those frags right? I head he likes the really nice ones too :oops:

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Goby in my 120 a long time ago and they are awesome. I’m setting up a new 75 and really want another one, but leaning toward a bare bottom setup because of lower maintenance.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Mine switches homes biweekly
Not much of a mess and always out when food hits the tank

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back