OP
OP
Servo

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about putting a huge skylinght to reduce the kilowatts? If your building it? and just add some metal halides or leds for evening.

My HOA is very restrictive. I could never ever put a big skylight due to cosmetic regulations. I am going to have to put in the flat panel sola tubes and hide them with the tile roof. I am not going to rely on them at all for PUR. Wait till I post the electrical plan. You could run most homes on what I will have dedicated to one room.

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My HOA is very restrictive. I could never ever put a big skylight due to cosmetic regulations. I am going to have to put in the flat panel sola tubes and hide them with the tile roof. I am not going to rely on them at all for PUR. Wait till I post the electrical plan. You could run most homes on what I will have dedicated to one room.

I used to have four circuits for my 120 and It made my main panel hum like a transformer. I can imagine at least six to eight dedicated circuits for a build like this. Keep those pictures and the updates coming.

OP
OP
Servo

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need a roomy.
A live in tank caretaker? You'd have daily glass wipe downs and feedings, daily equipment inspections, weekly pump cleaning and filter sock cleaning. And finally weekly detritus removal and fish room clean up. The non glamorous side of the hobby. :p

OP
OP
Servo

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some more teaser updates;

Here is a perspective of the right back corner of the room

I have the electrical plan, and there are 4000 sqf homes with less power than this room.

I've added a spot for a small freezer. I'll need it!

Last edited:

Bigrock

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see some progress.
I am guessing that the dotted line rectangle next to the tank is your sump? How do you plan to run the drain lines? Will they go down in the floor then up or are you planning to run them to the wall then over?

OP
OP
Servo

Servo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slow bus a movin'
The tile is down. The tank sits while I wait for the contractor to get the stand drawings right.

I'm just collecting equipment.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back