Setting up 32g biocube Whats Required!?

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, i got myself a biocube from a local reefer and currently have a 10g project / learning tank. i will be setting up the 32g cube this month and trying to figure out what exactly ill be needing to get this tank rolling and keeping it steady, my general idea is pretty simple
buy live sand, add it to the tank, get dry rock create a nice land scape, than add some biospira and let the tank cycle for about 3 weeks? before i start adding a CUC, and such

current situation id like to avoid, i have a 10g project tank im working on for about 11 months and have had alot of annoying stuff in it that i really dont want, bristle worms/stars/ weird snails/ weird algae outbreak which killed off alot of my corals /pets basically a bunch of crap id like to avoid in the 32 so ill be dipping all my stuff from my 10 before entering this tank.
equipment i have for the 32g
AI prime HD / tunze skimmer / 2 wave makers 550g each / 150w heater / media wrack which ill use chem-pure blue and somone say a GFO bag? taking recommenations

just need a few recommendation on what i need to do or get so i dont run into anymore of these issues

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well im pretty active so i usually do refills during my feeding time do you think an ATO is required the tank will be in a basement with a dehumidifier on
Our Biocube is upstairs so evaporation isn't to bad. On the other hand my 144 is in the basement and the evaporation is very noticeable 1-2 gals per day easily. You will probably notice a little more since it sounds like you are running hoodless.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well im pretty active so i usually do refills during my feeding time do you think an ATO is required the tank will be in a basement with a dehumidifier on
I got by topping off in the evenings like you describe for almost two years with ours, you should be fine. We noticed our Biocube is finally leveling out and much happier without the small fluctuations since adding the ato.

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got by topping off in the evenings like you describe for almost two years with ours, you should be fine. We noticed our Biocube is finally leveling out and much happier without the small fluctuations since adding the ato.
hmm thats interesting ill probably add one once i get some more funds any specific one your using or recommendation nothing too expensive

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm thats interesting ill probably add one once i get some more funds any specific one your using or recommendation nothing too expensive
I put the tunze on my big one and liked it enough to go with the nano on the Biocube. There are other brands that others can recommend. This is the only brand I have personally experianced.

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the tunze on my big one and liked it enough to go with the nano on the Biocube. There are other brands that others can recommend. This is the only brand I have personally experianced.
mm that looks like a legit one once i get some money saved up ill look into it, ill also be making the biocube into a rimless addition i think since the hood i have is the older one with the T5 lights

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few mods for the hoods out there, they are a little pricey but great lights. If decide to keep the hood.

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few mods for the hoods out there, they are a little pricey but great lights. If decide to keep the hood.
well i have my AI prime HD that i have on my 10g atm so ill be on keeping that light on the cube not sure i want to invest into the led hood light

Back