Setting UP A Tank At My School!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Baby Ray
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Nice!!

Are the rocks touching the glass? I'd suggest moving it from the glass so you can reach in the back for cleaning and such.
I am not going to clean the back. I am going to let coralline algae grow on the back. The glass cleaner can clean all around the front and sides though
 
I just ordered a new skimmer. I got the Reef Octopus BH 50.
I still need a light and powerhead though.
 
What light are you looking at?
 
What light are you looking at?
Well, me being me, I want the best light possible so I like the hydra AI 26.
I am on the edge with the SB reef light. They are a little cheaper the the hydra 26
 
I got a powerhead!! I got a jebao RW-4 from my LFS. I still am not sure about a light but I am leaning towards SB reef lights
 
My neighbor made a mesh lid for me :D
 
Let me know how it works out. Still up in the air on my 20long. Been procrastinating and no rush so haven't really done tons of looking around. Been kinda following yours. Lol
Lighting is definitely hard to find for a 20 long because of its length. I will keep you posted to see if this one works out. I am feeling pretty good about it :D
 
I just picked up a firefish, cleaner shrimp, 2 trochus snails, 2 nassarias snails, and 2 hermit crabs!!! I left the lights out just to let them settle in all night so I don't have any pictures
 
Congratulations!! :)When is the new light coming in?
 
This is all pretty impressive, especially considering you're only 14 years old! I love the motivation and ingenuity behind this school project. I'm so impressed I would love to be able to make a donation towards this experience. Did you ever set up a GoFundMe page? If not, let me know what is on your need or wish list and I'll see what I can do. Good for you and continue being awesome! ;):)
 
This is all pretty impressive, especially considering you're only 14 years old! I love the motivation and ingenuity behind this school project. I'm so impressed I would love to be able to make a donation towards this experience. Did you ever set up a GoFundMe page? If not, let me know what is on your need or wish list and I'll see what I can do. Good for you and continue being awesome! ;):)
Thank you so much for your kind words!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I had a bad day :(. When I got to school I found both my firefish and cleaner shrimp dead
It was a very sad moment as I hate killing things. I am still not sure why they died. All my parameters were fine and I acclimated them well. It is just a very depressing day :(
 
Sorry for the loss. I'm wondering if the tank was maybe not fully cycled before you added livestock? It's a process that can take several weeks or more. You may not have had enough time for the colonies of nitrifying bacteria to become established, enough to support the bioload. It's never fun losing our livestock but it's part of the learning process. :(
 
Sorry for the loss. I'm wondering if the tank was maybe not fully cycled before you added livestock? It's a process that can take several weeks or more. You may not have had enough time for the colonies of nitrifying bacteria to become established, enough to support the bioload. It's never fun losing our livestock but it's part of the learning process. :(
I started with LR, live sand, and old water change water from my LFS so it already had bacteria. I also ghost fed the tank to keep the bacteria alive. My ammonia and nitrites were 0 when I added them.
 
So sorry to hear this, no stray voltage going on is there? Just grasping as I know how careful you are.:(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new