Sfin's Dream.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is on wheels... game changer for sure.
Can confirm ive seen it.
truth GIF

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only way to go long term IMO, I love my mixing station and still am not sure what's going to happen when I move the tank downstairs. I need to find a new home for it somewhere, just not sure where yet :thinking-face:
Thats going to be a lot of work moving it. How's the killer sump?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats going to be a lot of work moving it. How's the killer sump?

It really is, Tank needs to be moved, I'm losing my fish room, so new homes for the sump, mixing tanks and storage. :disappointed-face: LOTS of decisions to make. Thankfully this project keeps being pushed back so I have time to figure it out, I hope.

I have also thought about.... A new tank. However I haven't really been able to enjoy this one to it's fullest extent. Because of the impending move I haven't filled the tank with fish and coral. So I feel like I need to give it a chance first. I go back and forth A LOT unfortunately.

The sump has been great, It still is everything I hoped it would be and then some which makes me feel good. :)

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A customer gave me 2 scorpions. She said they where a 1 inch each. Apon inspection they are pushing 1/2 inch and I think my middle son is in love.

Right now they are in a critter keeper because they are so small

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have had 1-2 molts. They are tiny

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up with ich in the tank. I believe it came in on the featherduster.

All the fish are being pulled soon. I have a stock tank coming in today. I'll hit with copper and let tank set fishless for some time. Wish me luck.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8yrs with out an issue. It was bound to happen. No way I can qt everything coming into the tank.
I bought fish that where kept in copper and bought inverts from fishless systems.

I did what I could to keep it out. We move foward. The worst is getting the fish out of the dream. All the rock is going to have to be pulled. It will be a lot of work but I've got this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they being negatively affected by the outbreak? Anybody gasping or swimming at the surface, losing the desire to eat, Look lethargic?
Nope eating and acting normal.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope eating and acting normal.
Are you Dead set on pulling and treating them?

About 3 months into the 180 I had an unfortunate cross-contamination issue from my quarantine tank to the sump of the big system which brought ick in. I also considered pulling everything and re treating but let it ride And I'm very glad I did. It became at most a minor annoyance that showed up for a day or two, If something crazy happened with the tank.

So long as everyone is healthy, this may be something that's just easily able to be ridden out without exposing the fish to a month of copper again.

You know that I ride hard for quarantine. Once the system is already established though, I don't think the juice is always worth the squeeze. Medicated quarantine is hard on fish. Copper is hard on fish.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you Dead set on pulling and treating them?

About 3 months into the 180 I had an unfortunate cross-contamination issue from my quarantine tank to the sump of the big system which brought ick in. I also considered pulling everything and re treating but let it ride And I'm very glad I did. It became at most a minor annoyance that showed up for a day or two, If something crazy happened with the tank.

So long as everyone is healthy, this may be something that's just easily able to be ridden out without exposing the fish to a month of copper again.

You know that I ride hard for quarantine. Once the system is already established though, I don't think the juice is always worth the squeeze. Medicated quarantine is hard on fish. Copper is hard on fish.
Maybe I'll let it go but having everything in place is warranted.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back