Sfin's Dream.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently it a liquid that the queen eats and passes it on to the larvae so it won’t help the adults now but will protect the next generation from what ever it is that killing so many bees
Actually it's only for a virus that is pretty nasty. I belive it's called foulbrood. Its pretty rare. Major issue are mites that are now becoming immune to the traditional treatments we normally use.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reals yes.
20220613_174753.jpg
@danieyella

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all those that may be interested, here is a clip from the JRE with the beekeeper that was so very interesting which I referred to earlier.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all those that may be interested, here is a clip from the JRE with the beekeeper that was so very interesting which I referred to earlier.

She may very well be a keeper but I dont care for her (personally) or her methods. She sets a bad example. But hey she is skinny and pretty to look at so she sells. Not my kind of fun tho.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited I Do GIF by Kathryn Dean

I know! I'm catching up on today's rampages all over the forum from y'all. I already had that quoted. How do I sign up to get honey?!
Done ;)

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get that blue hive? It looks like some rotomolded plastic. How does it work for you?
It's polystyrene. Like the moulded stryrofoam coolers. So far it's worked out real well. If they make it through the winter it will be yr 3 in it. Good insulation value for neoh winters.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's polystyrene. Like the moulded stryrofoam coolers. So far it's worked out real well. If they make it through the winter it will be yr 3 in it. Good insulation value for neoh winters.
Who sells this? It might help us make it through the Northwest winters.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here goes my story of this morning.

Heather tried to help with getting water ready and going in the brute. She turned on the rodi but not the waste line. The rodi is hard plumbed.
Brute overflowed. A cat knocked the power strip off the self and onto the floor. Power strip got wet and tripped. Thankfully we bought a fairly nice one and it cut its power off. There was a nice electrical smell this morning.

Last edited:

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Heather tried to help with getting water ready and going in the brute. She turned on the rodi but not the waste line. The rodi is hard plumbed.
Brute overflowed. A cat knocked the power strip off the self and onto the floor. Power strip got wet and tripped. Thankfully we bought a fairly nice one and it cut its power off. There nice electrical smell this morning.
Burning electrical wakes you up quicker than Folgers.

Story told from experience.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brute overflowed. A cat knocked the power strip off the self and onto the floor. Power strip got wet and tripped. Thankfully we bought a fairly nice one and it cut its power off. There was a nice electrical smell this morning.
Wow that could have been so much worse. Glad everything is ok Buying a new power strip is a lot cheaper than the alternative.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Admittedly I was expecting a bad ending for the cat as I read that. Glad everyone is ok!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.1%
Back