OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. I'm interested to see how you end up mounting your controllers and manage the cables. Love the larger sump Waterbox is using but leaves little room for anything else...lol

Yes space is tight. That said, I have left about 2 1/2 inches behind the tank, so I can easily put the power strips there and you would not even notice them. The Tunze ATO I think I will run the power cable along the front of the sump and then use those black cable tie down to make it neat.

In terms of a controller when I get one. I am looking into putting a small cabinet next to the sofa. Not sure how that will look. The other option I have, is behind that tank is a downstairs toilet. I was thinking maybe putting a medicine type cabinet on the wall and running the cables through.

Not sure yet.

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Johnny 5 Is Alive!! I did not go through the calibration malarkey, I just left it on the lowest setting, I also put a leak detection box in the cab. Too dang tired for that. It's running silent, got the overflow dialed in perfect! Guys, you cant hear this tank. Nothing! You can see its a bit of a mess, it will stay like that for a few days while I get the lights on, new heater, etc. I hope to have it all tidied up by early next week.

Tomorrow's job. Get the lights on, get the salt in there. Leave that for a couple of days. Put the sand in, add the skimmer. Call Tampa Bay for the rock!

92F834AC-433C-4A01-8456-600D88FACC06.jpg

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried the return pump in a few different settings with your fittings yet? Does it seem to make an impact in head pressure since you have to reduce down from the pump?

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried the return pump in a few different settings with your fittings yet? Does it seem to make an impact in head pressure since you have to reduce down from the pump?

Sorry for being a donut on this one :) I'm not sure what all that means :) What I will say is that I can hear it humming, and when I turn it up it gets worse. I read a few threads and it seems Ecotech are pretty good on fixing that. So will contact MarineDepot on Monday, see if they can send me another and I might even get the Jag kit that they make for it.

But yeah, in terms of your question regards head pressure. Not sure how to answer that. At the mo I am just on the basic lowest setting why I am in the leak finding stage!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the sand in!! Any idea how long the milky looks take takes to clear ? I did not want to run the Skimmer as I did not want it to take out the bacteria in the sand .

9CD30EA3-58CB-40A7-87A8-906708AB1A99.jpeg

I love the opaque look Lee...nice job. :cool: Give it a day or two and you'll be good.

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the sand in!! Any idea how long the milky looks take takes to clear ? I did not want to run the Skimmer as I did not want it to take out the bacteria in the sand .

9CD30EA3-58CB-40A7-87A8-906708AB1A99.jpeg
At least it is showing you your PAR hot spots...lol

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right the tank is still a bit cloudy after 24 hours. I cleaned the filter socks out a couple of times too. @dbl im assuming I just wait?

I got the Skimmer built and that’s in the tank. I turned it in just for 5 mins but it seems loud. Is there anything I need to do to make it more silent? I was under the impression it was meant to run pretty quiet. It’s definitely pump noise, if I press down on the entire unit the noise does not go away.

I looked at the Tunze ATO, man that looks complicated bs other ATO’s. I’ll leave that for another day.

E912D0C6-F07C-4300-A071-CDC41A314F42.jpeg

FD74FCE0-DA66-4AB6-B08B-45FFC8C5AB66.jpeg

875EF4CC-8879-477E-B33B-CB2972E3F3EF.jpeg

B4BBC4C6-86A6-43DE-A6ED-0FBDA7442483.jpeg

Cmooreinor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the 100.3! I love mine. Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours! Check out my Instagram Bearded_reef for how mine is progressing... Also started a build thread. Have fun!

melanotaenia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good so far; do you have the doors on the cabinet yet? They will quiet the skimmer once installed. You can also pick up some 50 micron pads and put them in the filter sock, that will clear the water pretty quick.

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good so far; do you have the doors on the cabinet yet? They will quiet the skimmer once installed. You can also pick up some 50 micron pads and put them in the filter sock, that will clear the water pretty quick.
Ooo Good tip. I'll order now. I stuck some carbon in to see if that helps. Doors will go on tomorrow. Can you point me in the direction of those pads. I dont want to get the wrong ones!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 35 61.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back